1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

AlexELEC-AML (alex_librelec)

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by taki, Jan 23, 2017.

1. taki

taki Member

2. taki

taki Member

3. traidory

traidory Member

Installed 2.1.6 on neo x8-h plus and sadly wi-fi not working. Will be a fix? I really want this box with Krypton for my parents and they don't have ethernet. Thank you for your work!
  4. Qefx

Qefx Member

wow! That looks amazing! Will take a look at it next week!
  5. taki

taki Member

unzip dtb.zip
    copy dtb.img to ALEXELEC (boot) folder
    wifi ok ethernet ok
    all dvb tuner work.
    you use media_build, kernel build, crazycat modules select after reboot.

Attached Files:

• dtb.zip
      File size:
      5.6 KB
      Views:
    k.m.s likes this.
  6. taki

taki Member

based libreelec=alexelec
  7. traidory

traidory Member

Thx,but I cant manage to make this. I already tried with Google and don't find commands to make boot folder writable.
  8. taki

taki Member

not boot folder mmcblk0p2. I said that you can copy ALEXELEC
    write sd card this img. after connect windows sdcard. you look alexelex (d, e, f etc)
    this part (mmcblk0p1) can write and read
  9. traidory

traidory Member

Wait but I have installed on nand not extern sd card!
  10. taki

taki Member

11. traidory

traidory Member

Still no wifi on 2.1.7...
  12. traidory

traidory Member

I would like to keep your build but still failing with Wi-Fi. I managed to put dtb.img in /storage with ssh,make a reboot and no changes. If you are kind to look into my debug log http://sprunge.us/cCcT. Thank You!
  13. taki

taki Member

I dont build this img. May be config txt not for complying minix
  14. traidory

traidory Member

Sorry, my mistake barking up the wrong tree.
  15. taki

taki Member

Use u3 clas10 sdhcI card (write 48mb/s read 90mb/s). improvement for system stability and fast kodi
  16. traidory

traidory Member

Mr. taki some advice for a internal flash with working wifi? Please. I flashed on intern nand and its working whithout wifi and installed on ext sdcard with boot folder and boot.scr on it -not working ,stocked on splah boot.
  17. taki

taki Member

18. traidory

traidory Member

cannot write on /
  19. taki

taki Member

Mount on linux sdcard after copy new config.txt
  20. Bennett83

Bennett83 Active Member

I think I've found a different and probably easier way of installing alexelec onto the internal storage instead of a sd card.

I basically installed libreelec 7.02 first via toothpick method then copied the Alexelec 2.17 tar file to update folder and rebooted. It wouldn't work when I tried to update openelec 6.01(working Wi-Fi) to alexelec 2.17.

This is how I did it

Copied this to an sd card(2gb card) which was formatted by a windows 10 laptop to fat32.

https://mega.nz/#F!W0Qk2JIQ!P1iyw7dFFHvubkIUZ-i1lA!3ohmxIaJ

Alexelec tar file

https://github.com/AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML/releases/download/2.1.7/AlexELEC-S812.M8SPlus.arm-2.1.7.tar

Booted x8h+ up using toothpick method and updated via ext and chose m8splus7.02.update.

Once booted into librelec I copied the tar file I to the update folder using my laptop.
    It then wouldn't boot and was stuck on the splash screen. Rebooted into recovery again using toothpick and wiped data/ factory reset and now I have a working kodi 17 on my minix x8hplus. So pleased so far