1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Alternative to Minix Neo M1 2.4GHz wireless mouse

Discussion in 'NEO M1' started by tententongs, Jan 30, 2016.

1. tententongs

tententongs New Member

Hi,

My Neo M1 mouse is spoilt. Is there another wireless mouse that can be used for the Minix Neo X8-H?

I see that there is this Minix Neo A2 Lite NEO 2.4GHz wireless air mouse remote with keyboard for Android, Windows, Apple, Kodi/XBMC.

Can this be used? Thank you
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I'd recommend the A2 Lite. It has more functions than the M1 including a keyboard.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  3. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

I have the Minix Neo X8-H Plus and both the M1 and A2 Lite remotes. I use the M1 95% of the time (I like its small size and light weight) and turn to the A2 Lite only for a functioning Home key and, of course, to enter text. After a year and a half of extensive use, a couple of the M1's keys are starting to stick, so I'll probably get another (M1). [FYI: For me, the Minix box is a Kodi-playing machine almost exclusively.]
    ancucchi likes this.
  4. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I believe the M1 is no longer in production! So if you would like a new one you had better get searching before anyone with stock runs out. (y)
  5. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

curious as to what do you mean by this ?...it is quite easy using the keymap editor addon to assign different functions to keys
  6. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

Yep. I just discovered that. I ordered the Rii Mini i7 which seems to have similar functionality, although not quite as small as the M1 and it uses two AAA batteries.

[​IMG]

If the dedicated Home key – and all the others work – I'll be happy. The Rii Mini i7 – and the Minix remotes – are among the few air mice with a Play/Pause key. I use that key a lot for all the movies and TV shows I watch in Kodi.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
  7. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

The M1's combo Return/Home key only functions as a Return key. Holding that key down (rather than a quick press) is supposed to bring the box back to the Home screen (e.g., out of Kodi), but has never worked as such.
  8. Villa

Please let us know how it performs when you have received it. :)

PS I removed the ebay reference!
  9. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

I will. [And I have no problem with your removing the purchase link. In hindsight, it was inappropriate.]
    Villa likes this.
  10. Frederick_99

Strange.....It works just like that for me......(y)
  11. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

Do you mean that it works just as claimed or as I experience?
  12. Frederick_99

a long press to (Kodi) Home Menu whilst in Kodi..what makes you think it should be different
  13. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

Key #6: Long Press is supposed to bring the box back to the Homescreen. It never has for me. [But, otherwise, I have loved this remote.]

[​IMG]
  14. Frederick_99

ok, so im knee deep in a kodi menu.........long press brings me back to kodi main menu..keep pressing takes me back to minix launcher

knee deep in some other app...long press takes me back to minix launcher
  15. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

I guess something has been wrong with my particular unit from the get-go. All that key does for me is return to the previous screen, no matter how long I press it. And it doesn't take me out of many apps (e.g., Kodi and Chrome) back to the Minix launcher. The dedicated Home key on the A2 Lite does do that. [And that key – and the 'i' key on the keyboard side (to check the resolution and audio encoding of a video) – are pretty much all I use the A2 Lite for. I usually don't bother to pick up that remote to type in the name of a movie/show I'm searching for.]

Maybe someday, someone will come out with a small streamlined remote like the M1 with a dedicated Home key and 'i' key ... but I'm not holding my breath.
  16. Frederick_99

like i said earlier...its very easy to set up a key for what you want using the keymap editor addon ...for example i have set my " Menu" key on my M1 to show the codec info when a stream is playing..its dead easy !
  17. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

Can you point me to how to do that, Frederick? [So much of the instructions in Kodi (e.g., http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_keymaps) assume a Windows platform ... and are difficult for this non-technical person to grasp.] Indeed, I would like to be able to do that with my M1 and/or forthcoming Rii Mini i7. Thanks!
  18. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Easiest way is with the keymap editor addon (in the Kodi addon repository)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  19. Villa

20. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

Thanks, Higgs and Villa! I'll give it a try and see if I can figure it out. [It's not that I'm stupid, just more artistic than technical ... and I ain't as young as I used to be. :confused:]