1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Alternative to Minix Neo M1 2.4GHz wireless mouse

Discussion in 'NEO M1' started by tententongs, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

as above simply install the keymap editor addon ( goto addons and search for keymap editor in kodi)......its very intuitive and you can always set to defaults if you take a wrong turn !
    When you have changed the function of the key you want make sure you "Save" when exiting the keymap addon .
  2. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

Thanks, Frederick! I'll give it a try.
  3. Frederick_99

this will give you some ideas
  4. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

Thanks so much, Frederick! Works like a charm on my M1 remote. I programmed the Menu key to show "Info" (resolution and audio encoding information) within a video. And it still shows the various menu options when perusing a list. [My original problem with the combined Return/Home key remains, since the Home aspect is not really a Kodi function, but a Minix function of returning to the launcher screen from wherever.]

Can't wait to try this out with Rii Mini i7 when it arrives. Perhaps the "PgDn" key would be good for "Stop".
    Higgs likes this.
  5. Frederick_99

I'm pleased to hear that I have helped and your sorted, that's exactly what I have done with my Menu key, plus I have also set the "back" key so when backing out from deep in a kodi menu it just backs up one menu at a time rather than returning instantly to home. ( this just happens in some combinations of device/firmware/kodi flavour...i have tried so many cant remember exactly which now!), but along with the kodi backup addon I always install the keymap editor.
  6. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

My new Rii Mini i7 remote arrived yesterday ... and it's just about perfect. Works without a hitch with my Minix X8-H Plus. I was surprised that it's actually smaller (especially in length) than the Minix M1, although it is much thicker (because of the compartment for two AAA batteries). Even with the batteries installed, the i7 is incredibly lightweight.

Most important, it has all the keys and functionality I need. [The only key remapping I did was to the "PgDn" key. It now Stops a playing video and returns to the previous screen. Thanks again to Frederick for showing me how to do that!] The Menu key already functioned as providing video/audio encoding "Info" within a video ... and, of course, normal "Menu" functions elsewhere. And the dedicated Home key works (returning me to the Minix launch screen). All for 16 bucks!

[NOTE: Normally, I wouldn't praise a non-Minix device in this forum. But the M1 (which I have already praised) is no longer available. And my Minix A2 Lite is invaluable for entering text. And, of course, all of these are just peripherals for the wonderful Minix box itself.]
    Higgs, Frederick_99 and Villa like this.
  7. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

FYI: The Minix M1 remote is back in stock at GeekBuying for $10. [Since I'm so happy with my new Rii Mini i7, I won't be ordering it, but others here might be interested.]