1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Audioquest Dragonfly USB DAC doesn't work

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Amram, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Amram

Amram New Member

Hi.
    I've updated to the latest firmware (FW005) , but I am still having problem with my Dragonfly 1.2 external usb dac trying to work it with my NEO U1.
    when I connect it to the Minix, the sound come out very noisy and distorted and usually you can not here a thing except a strong static noise or sometimes you can hear in the background very unclear and weak music behind all this the noisiness if i play something.
    I tried all the options- I changed the new option in the latest firmware to "usb device" (under audio settings-device manger). I disconnected the usb dongle of my Logitek k4oo from the minix, I tried to to connect the dragongly dac into the OTG port using the cable came with the NEO U1 package, I tried to change to difference usb ports, but the problem still consist.
    I read here in the forum that a lot of people use an external usb dac with their Minix and it works fine for them (or at least not as the problem I encountered).
    I can surely use you advice how to fix it.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Please don't post in multiple threads.
    Just post once in the correct section. If you post in the wrong place then ask a moderator to move it for you.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  3. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

I think because of this
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

5. Amram

Amram New Member

Hi ken' thank you for the reply.
    1)It seems like it does. when i connect the dragonfly, the color on the dragonfly stick changes like it does on my laptop, and in the minix settings under sound devices, you can suddnely see usb_device option under output.
    2) I was able to hear music at last! only in this configuration: using the USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO (it detected the usb device instantly) at first it sound with a lot of static noise , glitches and breaking in the sound, BUT! When I turn on this usb tweak in the usb audio player settings: "USB TWEAK 1- Try this when you experience glitching even at higher buffer size settings. This disables clock information from the device, so it can actually introduce gliteches as well!", the music played well! well sometimes with a little poping sound and glitches, but this vanished when I connected the dragonfly to the OTG port using the cable came with the minix, and then the music was fine at last!
    3) yes

So what can i do? As far as i can see I can only hear music using usb audio player application (cost alot of money ,I used the trial version for all this testings) and with this usb tweak turned on. I tried open other players like TIDAL or youtube when this app is in opened in the background but no sound comes out or again you hear noise and glitches.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  6. Amram

Amram New Member

Update! (don't know why I haven't done it before). When i connected the dragonfly dac to my Galaxy S6 smartphone (running android 5.1.1) using the OTG cable, the music played well, clear and sounded great! I didn't need to use any special application like the USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO or any usb tweak or any special settings in my samsung/android . Just plug it in and everything works like a charm.
    So as far as i can see, the problem is not with the android operation system , it something related to the Minix. I hope u can fix it.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    darren_horvath likes this.
  7. MINIX - Ken

Well, some phones support, some do not.
    You could always find some devices that work with it, because there must be something out there, right?

I received the device, will look into that after new year holidays,
    playing it on my Win 10 laptop at the moment.

By the way, I think connecting to OTG port @ Android is a must to get it working properly, as I read those reviews online.

dragonfly.jpg
    Amram likes this.
  8. Amram

Amram New Member

Thank you for all your time and the steps you are willing to take in order to make your costumers happy and satisfied. Hoping to hear from you soon (and even more with a solution :) ). Happy new year!
  9. Amram

Amram New Member

Hi Ken.
    Is there any update/solution?
  10. MINIX - Ken

We are having new year holidays until Mid-February.
    Everybody is back to home. :sneaky:
    I told you above.
  11. Amram

Amram New Member

Oh I'm sorry, I saw you answering to other posts, so I figure you haven't yet had your holidays.
    Sorry :(
  12. MINIX - Ken

I'm on holidays but still trying to read posts. ;)
    Amram likes this.
  13. Amram

Amram New Member

Hi Ken.
    Any updates regarding my issue with the Dragonfly DAC?
  14. MINIX - Ken

We just sent the device to Amlogic,
    please don't expect fixes in days.

We are taking care and please be patient.
    Please check back at about mid of March.
    Thank you.
  15. Amram

Amram New Member

Thank you very much (y)
  16. Amram

Amram New Member

Hi ken! How are you?
    I can see that the FW06 firmware is cooking under the hood and I remember you said that in this firmware the USB DAC will be taking care of.
    Beside that you told me to check in March referring my personal problem with my Dragonfly USB DAC.
    Any fix?
  17. MINIX - Ken

FW006 will not be able to get it working, target schedule is FW007. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
  18. Amram

Amram New Member

19. MINIX - Ken

The issue has been fixed, under testing now.
    I think it could happen on FW006.
  20. Amram

Amram New Member

You are Geniuses!! :cool: