1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Battery life

Discussion in 'NEO A3' started by Geoff Boardman, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Geoff Boardman

Geoff Boardman New Member

The battery life on the A3 is very poor I'm going through batteries every couple of weeks
  2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

That depends on usage , quality of batteries ! .... I get several weeks out of mine !
  3. Geoff Boardman

Well my Tv remote is using the same batteries and is used a lot more and I haven't changed the batteries for 12 months
  4. midnight

Oook, not really sure what you are looking for here ? does your TV remote do all what the A3 does..... type , air mouse etc !
  5. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

How is the TV remote used a lot more?
    I guess your TV remote is IR and lot less power hungry.

Personally my TV remote is used to switch the TV On & Off and increase/decrease volume!
    I haven't changed the batteries in the TV remote for years. I just checked them and they were best before Mar 2014! :eek:

I have noticed the A3 is a little more power hungry than the A2 Lite but I honestly can't say how long the batteries are lasting. A couple of weeks, three, not sure? It does get a hammering daily, (typing this post now and most of my content on this Forum!), and all TV, YouTube and a lot of internet browsing.
    I don't use voice search feature and I always deactivate the gyro/fly mouse myself as soon as I am done using it.

You shouldn't compare an airmouse to a TV remote!

I use rechargeable batteries and just pop in a charged set whenever the remote becomes unresponsive. :)
    midnight likes this.
  6. Geoff Boardman

Thanks guys for your responses perhaps it's just me not use to changing batteries every couple of weeks Rechargeable batteries why didn't I think of that lol
  7. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

For rechargeables best to use 1000mAh capacity! :)
    Geoff Boardman likes this.
  8. medwatt

medwatt Member

I've had to change the batteries twice in the two weeks since I got the U9, and I'm not even using it that much. Meanwhile, I can't even remember when was the last time I changed the batteries on my LG magic remote (which has an air mouse).
  9. midnight

@Villa post #5 pretty much sums it up ! I seem to get around a month or so but depending on usage and quality of batteries that can obviously vary.