1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Boot from USB

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by JamesGrey, Apr 23, 2017.

1. JamesGrey

JamesGrey New Member

well I tried both methods and it eventually boots into Recovery Mode. Still not loading from USB though.

Wonder why no one chimes in to this topic who has this working? Odd.
  2. mark2

mark2 Active Member

What are you talking about I do have this working that's why I'm trying to help you
    Also search custom roms section of the X8H- plus other people also have this working
    If your that desperate to have this working download the update .zip copy that to USB
    But doing the update zip will wipe your Android but you'll have Libreelec if you don't like it then you can reflash your box with Android
  3. JamesGrey

JamesGrey New Member

Mark you did not say you were booting from a USB at all. Sometimes the more feedback from different people helps in debugging problems.

I'm not desperate but would like to try booting to test on my USB. Part of why I bought this box was it's ability to dual boot.

The information on dual boot for this device is sketchy at best from the manufacturer.
  4. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Minix have never said the boxes will dual boot
    I tried to help but that's me done maybe someone else will bother
  5. JamesGrey

JamesGrey New Member

Have a Nice Day now.
  6. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

I tried on my box to boot recovery from usb stick but it never worked on any port and I can confirm it is not a topic how I made this usb bootable. I also wonder why minix device can't help to boot from usb stick but I got to manage with a sd card (with loaded same bootable files).