1. Official MINIX forum

Bugtracker for NEO U9-H FW003

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

2. olive069

olive069 New Member

After several days i confirm that only 4K HEVC 23.976fps videos are stuttering/lagging with autoframerate ON. Hope it will be fixed in the next firmware update.
  3. Cyberman

Cyberman Member

Yeah. That's it exactly. I've read so much stuff this last week I've lost track what I've seen where. Didn't realise there was something about it in this thread. In fact, didn't think there was anything about it at all. But yep. That's the problem.

At least with two people having the same problem there's the opportunity, if needed, to compare software installed or even settings, just if anything has corrupted setting. I'm still only seeing the issue with the Daydream timer setting, not when trying to access the upper level Daydream menu. Surprised that is giving the message when other settings can still be accessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 5:30 PM
  4. Villa

I would have loved to have said, "Working fine here!" ;):whistle:
    Factory reset fixes it for a while then it breaks again! :mad::(
  5. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Yes it's very important for this hub, hard to watch a 4K movie.
  6. DarrenNewsgroup

DarrenNewsgroup New Member

As this thread grows and a lot of (natural) negativity is being expressed I would like to point out that at least Minix has a bug tracker thread and a history of delivering firmware upgrades/patches, better than most other vendors who just try to sell a new box with other bugs. Admittedly people would like to know how progress is going with new firmware without necessarily asking for ETAs.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Cyberman likes this.
  7. Nenito2k

Nenito2k Member

@heino69

good since you have the x8, do you mind telling me about PQ vs U9 ? aside from the dark issue that is....
    SD...? 4k HDR ? sharpness ? and box usage in general ?
  8. kendub

kendub Member

Hi I am latest firmware and find All 4 (Channel 4 steaming service) hanging buffering
    I am using latest FW
    have uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled all 4
    No root
    no add blocker
    have 360 mb broadband
    wired connection cat 6 cabling , have fake WiFi ticked on

using exactly the same network cable and router port , which up to a few days ago was used with my Minix x8 (non plus) , which worked perfectly with All 4

Any ideas ?
  9. liskobrian

liskobrian Member

I use Archos Video Player (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.archos.mediacenter.videofree&hl=en) and an WD external drive with my Minix. I have used this combo on 4 different models of Minis players.
    On this version, Marshmallow, a prompt comes up when you plug in a hard drive asking you if you want to use the drive as a secure storage that will be reformatted, or as a portable drive. If you totally ignore this prompt (DONOT click it) and keep using it, all is okay and the portable drive will keep working as such. Archos works.

If you click to use the drive as a portable drive, then Archos (and probably other programs) seem not to have permission to automatically scan and open content on the drive (to search for metadata and display video posters). However, videos are still playable through ES File Explorer. I assume this must be a permissions error/bug. I have not tried to reformat it to use as internal storage--I don't want to loose 3 Gigs of videos.

I tried reporting on Archos' Google+ page thinking it was a software issue, until I did multiple tests with 2 different portable drives and 2 different U9. It's not a hardware issue and happened on both set ups (1GB and 4).

Is there some way to erase the stored data of when I told the system to use the drive as portable storage? Then I wouldn't have to reformat/erase the U9.
  10. Cyberman

Cyberman Member

Actually I'm glad you're not able to say that :ROFLMAO: Two of us in the same predicament makes me feel more comfortable - a bit ;). Less so that the factory reset only provides a temporary fix :mad:. I'll PM you to see if there's anything our devices have in common install wise that could be causing it, rather clogging up the thread posting to and fro about this. You can then post anything our devices have in common that might be the cause. You'll be far more qualified than me as I'm quite new to these boxes.

One problem I have is that I can't say for certain when this started happening, only when I first saw it. For all I know, that feature on my device may not have been working straight out the box. I only noticed it having seen something about configuring this with Nova by having the respective settings shortcut (which actually did nothing other than take me to the select function for settings shortcut, never to Daydream settings (that said it was at the end of a long day and I likely did it wrong) Part of me thinks this can't be an installed app conflict, then part thinks it might be, given the issue comes BACK after factory reset, unless that is, you are testing the device with a bare bones app install after that. Failing that, hopefully it's just a buggy feature.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 5:39 AM
  11. heino69

heino69 New Member

@Nenito2k
    Sure, my U9 should arrive tomorrow.
    Till weekend I've planed to do a comparison - hopefully ;-)
  12. Cyberman

Cyberman Member

App Locked Up Device

Here in Thailand there's an app quite a few folks use called AIS Play. It's an app that works across multiple devices, not just phones. It's basically a TV viewer app for those with AIS (mobile and internet service provider) accounts. It's an official Play Store app, not a side-loaded APK. There is an APK for it at apkpure but I think it'd be the same version.

Just installed the Play Store versio and what a nightmare!! Clicked to open it and got a black screen that just flickered. Tried to get to Home. Home would come up, then flash back to black screen. Buttons not responsive. Remote nor U9 power button could switch the U9 off. Pulled the power cored, rebooted and killed all apps via Minix Metro. Tried to navigate to Settings / Apps to delete it. Same again. Pulled the cord again. Re-booted in safe mode, wiped the partition cache, this time managed to get in and delete the app. No idea why it's not working as it's marked compatible in the store. Maybe it's crap coding on the part of the app developer but I have it woking fine on both an iPhone and iPad. Both of course not Android so it's a separate package. This was actually much worse for me than the Google Voice lock up I had as even re-starts didn't free the system.

Maybe it's because it's a phone reliant app that seeks access to the device's UDID and telephone number that it'll never work?
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 7:49 AM
  13. Villa

Well as I said, it happened for me straight out of the box, factory fresh, so IMO has nothing to do with Nova or any user installed apps!
  14. tunay

tunay New Member

I watched yesterday newest episode of walking dead. There was a scene i was irritated. A black haired women was in a slightly dark room.

I could not distinguish her hair from the wall.

The Black color problem has to be fixed as fast as possible .
  15. Cyberman

Cyberman Member

Ah. Settles that then. Maybe it was the same for my box and I've only just noticed it because it's the first time I've had to interact with the setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

17. kendub

kendub Member

Hi Minix support and moderators; any update on this issue, or has it been flagged by any other users..Thanks

Hi I am latest firmware and find All 4 (Channel 4 steaming service) hanging buffering
    I am using latest FW
    have uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled all 4
    No root
    no add blocker
    have 360 mb broadband
    wired connection cat 6 cabling , have fake WiFi ticked on

using exactly the same network cable and router port , which up to a few days ago was used with my Minix x8 (non plus) , which worked perfectly with All 4

Any ideas ?
  18. Villa

I use All 4 a lot but haven't yet fully on the U9-H.
    I will take a look soon! :)
  19. kendub

kendub Member

Thanks Villa much appreciated , have tried different programmes on all 4. same issue
    All 4 Ads play fine no buffering, ....program starts, aprox 20 mins in , buffering starts
    I use All 4 for catch up only, ie not live broadcasts
  20. Villa

I see a small amount of buffering but it doesn't last too long to deter me to switch it off!
    It is the same on the U1 so not necessarily a FW bug!
    I normally download anyway because I have found recently the PQ not to be very good, a little blurry!
    The app used to be so much better but then again I used to use it on the X8-H Plus which I have passed on to relatives. They use All 4 a great deal too but I have a feeling they too download!