1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Cannot enter recovery mode

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Official Firmware Releases' started by LiquidoDK, Feb 4, 2017.

1. LiquidoDK

LiquidoDK New Member

Hi,

I want to update to the latest firmware (fw010) via USB drive and I'm using this guide: http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-updating-the-firmware-not-via-fota.8331/#post-71039

Current build number is: KOT49H.20141114 release-keys

When I try to boot into recovery mode, I just get a black screen.
    I follow this:
    a.) Press and hold the "Recover" button on the back of the case next to them HDMI port;
    b.) While holding the "Recover" button, press the "Power" button to boot the box into recovery menu;
    c.) You may release both buttons when you see the MINIX boot logo;

but after releasing the buttons, when the MINIX boot logo appears, my TV just shows a black screen, however there is still a connection, otherwise the TV would state that there was no connection.

Can someone help me with the above issue?
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

You need at least this Build number 20141122 to use that method!
    You have to use Option 1...

1 Flash the firmware using the usb burning tool on a PC - Lose data

3. Villa

It can take a good 30+ secs to get to Recovery Menu!
  4. LiquidoDK

LiquidoDK New Member

Crap, then I wil lose data/app config :(
    Is there a way to backup Kodi?

I know, but I waited for 10 minutes ;)
  5. Villa

Use the Kodi Backup Add-on...
    http://kodi.wiki/view/add-on:backup

Or make a copy of the Kodi folder...
    Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi
    ...then copy it back after.
  6. normy62

normy62 New Member

i was trying to upgrade my x8h plus to libreelec and i went to wipe data/clear cache.. it was stuck on that screen for more tan 1 hour.. i then unplugged it and tried to start it again but just stuck on the android logo.
    have tried with toothpick method but to no avail.
    now i am trying yo use the usb flashing tool but i keep getting an error ::
    [0x00101004]erase bootloader/lowper/identify/error result
    does this mean my box is bricked????
    thanks in advance
  7. mark2

mark2 Active Member

When you say upgrade my X8H-Plus to LibreElec were you trying to wipe Android or run alongside Android
  8. normy62

normy62 New Member

trying to wipe android its just too slow
    actually tried to follow your instrucions
    format your sd card burn image again with boot .scr
    dont insert your sd card boot up your box as normal should load Android
    if so shut down box , now boot box back up into recovery menu then wipe cache partition
    select reboot (no other option really) after booting back up switch back off
    next remove power cable insert sd card reinsert power cable whilst holding recovery pin/toothpick
    then it should load just as it did before if not do the wipe cache partition once more
  9. mark2

mark2 Active Member

click link below select update zip copy n paste or just drag onto sd card
    insert sd card in box boot box into recovery from off position select from menu then update from EXT
    one thing before you start LibreElec will not work with wifi only ethernet on the X8H-Plus
    https://yadi.sk/d/mbyqouMB32E53U/20161206
  10. mark2

mark2 Active Member

These instruction were after trying to get a new build to work after already having LibreElec working
    its since been said on the LibreElec forums not to use said build dated 10/05/2017 as it dont work
  11. normy62

normy62 New Member

thanks for your help i finally got my box working again ( after many hours) but not with libreelec i used the stock rom from freaktab as everything else failed.
    would still like to install libreelec but my box refuses to boot into the usb image..
  12. mark2

mark2 Active Member

SD card works better seem to be problems with USB not everyone can get it to boot
    like i said above just copy the update zip to SD card