1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Can't find 'unknown sources' option

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by Jaykay, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Jaykay

Jaykay Member

I have Minix x6 and have been trying to install an app from 'unknown sources'
    where it says "For security, installation of add-ons from unknown sources is disabled." and gives me the option to go to settings.
    At that point, there is no option to allow unknown sources.
    I have looked through all the settings including basic, standard, expert etc and the option is nowhere to be found. Any help appreciated.

The minix is new as came setup with xbmc 13.3
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I assume you are referring to installing an add-on in Kodi/XBMC and not installing an android app, so I have moved your post to the Kodi/XBMC section.

Before posting please take a moment to review which section you should post in.

Make sure your Kodi settings are set to Expert and look in Settings - Add-Ons for unknown sources
    Jaykay likes this.
  3. mark2

mark2 Active Member

What version of Kodi are you running as unknown sources was only introduced in Kodi 17
  4. Jaykay

Jaykay Member

I don't have Kodi, the minix came with xbmc 13.3
    I am trying to get Kodi onto it
  5. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Settings, Security
    Not sure why you're looking in Kodi Settings?
  7. Jaykay

Jaykay Member

If I go into Settings, security, it throws me back to the main screen.
    All I want to do is get kodi, any version, and then on-tapp.
    I have to on-tapp apk file but can't install because of this unknown sources problem
  8. Jaykay

Jaykay Member

When I go into Settings, Security and click Security, it goes back to settings.
    So I am unable to add apps from unknown sources, can anyone help please
  9. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Go to settings other more settings then security select unknown sources
    if that don't work try clearing cache from settings app (same as above settings >more settings apps
    then across the top of screen you will have downloaded/running/all select all then settings clear cache
  10. Jaykay

Jaykay Member

Cache showed 12.00 KB
    Clicked 'clear cache' but nothing seems to happen, if I come out of it then back in, it still shows 12.00KB
  11. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Have just been to the on-tapp site are you following the video tutorial on the site
    if so this is where you might be getting confused as they show Kodi 17 in the video
    xbmc is what Kodi used to be called the version of xbmc you are using there is no unknown sources to select
    start xbmc go to system then file manager select add source click on none then copy the http:// address in the video
    enter name below click ok now go back click on system (in xbmc) go down select addons now select install from zip
    follow the rest from the video in this link don't worry about unknown sources its not there in your xbmc/kodi version
    https://www.on-tapp.tv/installing-on-tapp/
    Jaykay likes this.
  12. Jaykay

Jaykay Member

Thank you Mark for your very kind help
  13. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Your welcome