1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

... Disappointed with Minix support here!

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by Cliff, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Cliff

Cliff New Member

I am sorry to say this but so many problem threads are left unresolved - or not even answered, which is unforgivable!

Are the mods paid staff of Minix, or volunteers?
    Is anyone monitoring the quality of responses?

I am conflicted because the Minix is a low cost product and one cannot expect Apple level support. Never the less I would not recommend this to any novice or inexperienced user. It is a pity because the product idea is great.

I have been using PCs and uPs, both hardware and software for over 25 years and have no illusions as to how complex and inter-dependant everything is! There are always problems and bugs but it is SUPPORT that is the final icing on the cake that makes things go!

I will comment separately on my situation w.r.t the SD card saga which has blocked me using the Minix for my intended purpose.
  2. datrh

datrh Active Member

if i'm not wrong, the mods are volunteers and now alone on the boat.
  3. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

You are correct ....volunteers !
  4. Cliff

Cliff New Member

In that case I apologise sincerely!

My criticism should be directed at Minix, but I don't know how to do that!
  5. krash

krash New Member

Interesting expectations... have you tried the contact us on the Minic com web site or calling for support ?
    Technical: support@minix.com.hk

I haven't but was just wondering after reading your post above...
  6. Big J

Big J New Member

As a new member I want to echo the same frustration. I posted for help as well and midnight was the only one who showed a follow up, but my issue is still unresolved. How about it midnight, will you try helping once again to find a solution for my post " help install windows 10 on z64A"
  7. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

You wont find a resolution to run both Android and Windows here. You can find a resolution to switch from Android to Windows here: http://www.minixforum.com/threads/official-bios-conversion-files.5006/
    It's the top sticky thread in the Android section.
    I believe you could find a way of running a crappy broken version of Android through Windows but you won't get any proper support for that here
    midnight and Villa like this.