1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Dstv Now & SuperSport Apps not working on U1

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Bradfordv, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Bradfordv

Bradfordv New Member

Good day all. I recently purchased my first media player the Minix U1. At first I wasn't very impressed but I got it working fine now except I can't get our local Satellite provider's Apps through which you can view their live Tv and Sport to work on the U1. The Apps work fine on my Galaxy S6 which also runs Android Lollipop 5.1. It also doesn't allow the Miracast to send the images to my U1 but all other Apps does allow. I am legally signed-in on the Satellite account. The service provider is Dstv and SuperSport in South Africa where I am residing. Does anybody have any ideas on how to get this working? I would greatly appreciate any help in this regard.
  2. skynet

skynet Active Member

3. Bradfordv

Bradfordv New Member

Hi Skynet

Thank you fore the quick reply. The Minix Forum won't allow me to post the links yet but the App's names are: Dstv Now and SuperSport (both part of the same company and the log-in details for both are the same), Region: South Africa and both are available through the Google Play Store. Hope this helps a bit.

Thank you.
  4. Bradfordv

Bradfordv New Member

Dear Skynet. My friend just bought the Vensmile 2GB/16GB CS918 Q7 MK888 Smart Android TV Box Media Player Rk3188 Quad Core and it runs the Apps I mentioned 'Dstv Now" and "SuperSport' in South Africa without any problems. Please help me to fix this as I paid $149.99 for my U1 which is supposed to be the best at the moment and it can't even play two apps which is played flawlessly on a "Cheapie".
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  5. riaan perold

riaan perold New Member

Hi Bradfordv,

Have you had anyluck? Supersport is working on my U1 but I get a DRM error on the DSTV now app.
  6. Bradfordv

Bradfordv New Member

Hi Riaan. Yes I did. Thankfully the SuperSport App is now working but I still get the message on Dstv Now " Video Playback Error - 4101 - DRM failed to initialize". Can someone at Minix U1 team please help with this issue? Thank you.
  7. riaan perold

riaan perold New Member

Re the supersport app, what resolution is it streaming on your u1? I cant seem to get it to be HD?
  8. Bradfordv

Bradfordv New Member

Hi Riaan. My stream is good quality but not HD...
  9. riaan perold

riaan perold New Member

on the dstv forum they say the dstv now app doesn't support minix devices.. think dstv needs to sort this out..
  10. Bradfordv

Bradfordv New Member

I think Minix should sort it out as neither of the Apps worked but since the latest firmware update from Minix the SuperSport App started to work... Minix isn't that well known in South Africa for Dstv to have an issue with them in particular and why would they? Dstv Now works on all the other cheapie no-name brand boxes imported from China. I think it's a small thing that can be resolved by Minix themselves. Just have to wait for the next upgrade I-guess?
  11. Pdscoelho

Pdscoelho New Member

I also used to use these apps but they haven't worked for months now on my X8-H, any ideas? I'm thinking of getting another device that works instead.
  12. Bradfordv

Bradfordv New Member

Hi Pdscoelho. I'm hopefull that the Dstv Now app will work with the new firmware upgrade for the U1..so maybe you should get one of those - at least the SuperSport is working now. If not a friend of mine bought the Vensmile 2GB/16GB CS918 Q7 MK888 Smart Android TV Box Media Player Rk3188 Quad Core an it runs all apps without any issues...
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
  13. Toufinious

Toufinious New Member

Hi Guys. New user/owner/forum member here and this is my 1st post. And also a South African :)

Just wanted to make sure that the Supersport app is working for you guys. I got my U1 yesterday and still need to check that the firmware is upto date.

Supersport is crucial.
  14. Bradfordv

Bradfordv New Member

Hi Toufinious. Yes SuperSport works great but still waiting for a fix to get Dstv Now working. Have sent a message to the Minix team and got a reply or two but no luck yet...hopefully sooner rather than later.
  15. Toufinious

Toufinious New Member

Thanks mate, will to the FOTA updates when i get home tonight and have a go.

Cheers
  16. KirstenRossouw

KirstenRossouw New Member

I am also having the same problem. Any solutions yet? I feel DSTV should not be able to see what sort of Android device we are logging in with. Minix, Please fix! This is why we buy your product, to bypass the "cable" companies.
  17. Toufinious

Toufinious New Member

Hi All

Sorry for late reply, havent really had time to come back and give feedback. Supersport app is working 100%

I dont know about DSTV now
  18. Bradfordv

Bradfordv New Member

Hey Toufinious. Yes the SuperSport is working fine glad to hear the same for you but MINIZ still hase'nt sorted out the Dstv Now issue which I think is the more important one and they seem to not really give a crap...feel like selling mine and getting something else...my folks bought a cheap piece of crap for $45 and Dstv Now works perfectly fine on it.
  19. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Is your firmware updated to the latest 009 version?
    Please try and report back, thanks.
  20. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator