1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Tutorial DTS HDMA finally working on X8H-plus

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Official Firmware Releases' started by rai, Jan 21, 2016.

1. rai

rai Member

I finally found the magic upstart sequence on the MINIX X8H-pus to use DTS-HDMA and Dolby HD. It took a lot of testing, but I can now reproduce it so after a reboot of the box I'm still able to use HD sound. The VIDON that I'm using is the 1.4.2.1 version. So the 1 you get if you did start with the special version in topic on the VIDON.ME forum, but do the upgrade that it is telling every time you start VIDON.

As mentioned before, it only works with 24P. But, in my case, I had the MINIX default on 1080P-60. And even if I then switch the box to 24P, it was not working. The trick is to put the MINIX in 1080P-24, switch off the AUTO REFRESH switch and put the AUDIO output on HDMI. In VIDON itself, switch the 3D on for the DVD/Blue-ray and by audio 2.0 channel and all DTS and Dolby options on. the AC3 for the other formats can be off. Also check to see that the AMLOGIC is on for acceleration.

Now reboot the box. After the reboot, go to VIDON. Just play a movie. You will now have full speed video (normally it was almost frame by frame). But....... you will have NO audio. But having full speed video is telling that you are almost OK. Stop the movie, go to the ACCELARATION option in the settings by VIDEO. Switch off the AMLOGIC. Start you movie again. And in my case, I now have DTS-HDMA. Only problem is that the black level of the video is less then when AMLOGIC is on. In case the movie is 3D, then the AMLOGIC has to be switched on. otherwise you don't have picture at all. But with a 3D movie, also the DTS-HDMA is working and black level is OK.

if you now reboot the box, you first have to switch back on the AMLOGIC before the reboot. Otherwise, you have to reboot again.

Knowing now how to get it working, is it possible that somebody can explain why the AMLOGIC has to be switched off for not 3D movies?
  2. Dr Goodvibes

Dr Goodvibes The Doctor

Or you could just install Kodi 16.0-RC3 and you'd get DTS-HD MA support.
    My ONKYO has a dts symbol on the digital audio connection.
    It was always pcm audio or dts flashing symbol with no audio before Kodi 16.0-RC3

Sent from a Minix NEO X8-H Plus
    Bennett83 likes this.
  3. moba77

moba77 New Member

is it connected by HDMI or optical cable? thanks
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  4. Dr Goodvibes

Dr Goodvibes The Doctor

Connected via optical with passthrough in my case.
    I can only get DTS-HD MA 5.1 out using Kodi 'Jarvis' 16.0
    I have not been able to output DTS-HD MA 7.1, even though the ONKYO receiver supports it.
  5. Vasilis Mantzaridis

Vasilis Mantzaridis New Member

Hello, I am running latest firmware on my Minix Neo X8-h plus but quite old XBMC version (13.3). Everything works fine apart from DTS-HD MA and DD True HD, both downgraded to DTS and DD (even though HDMI passthrough is enabled and AV receiver supports this, tried this with other solutions). Before I upgrade to a higher version of XBMC (16.x) can I please double-check the following:
    - is the DTS HD MA and DD True HD issue fixed in the latest XBMC release without any manual intervention?
    - is there any risk of losing settings/features when upgrading from XBMC 13.3 to a version of XBMC that supports DTS-HD MA?
    - where can I find a stable version of the minix XBMC release that supports DTS-HD MA?

Thanks for any feedback/guidance
  6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

You posted the same post three times now! I have removed the other two.

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/forum-rules.47/
    • Posting a thread in more than one forum is annoying and thus not allowed. Just post it once in the correct place.
  7. Vasilis Mantzaridis

Thank you and sorry for this, relatively new in the forum
  8. Vasilis Mantzaridis

Thanks, if DD HD/DTS MA is proof tested with Minix Neo X8-h plus dont mind paying for this if there is a fee, will check it