1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Ethernet vs wifi

Discussion in 'General Android Discussion' started by Mng, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Mng

Mng New Member

bit of newbie question...

if a lot of people are using wifi and i am connected through an Ethernet cable via a plug in power line, will my internet be slow?

*the Ethernet cable won't be directly connected to the modem or router, its through a power line adapter I just bought 1000mb/s*

This is the router I have:
    http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/networks/wireless-routers/50381/virgin-media-super-hub-review

And these are the power line adapters I'm going to use:
    TP-Link 1000 Mbps 2-Port Gigabit Powerline Starter Kit, Ideal for HD/3D/4K Video Streaming and Online Gaming, No Configuration Required, UK Plug (TL-PA7020KIT) - Pack of 2
    The plug will be paired that's why I'm guessing it may also become slow if there's a lot of people streaming on wifi?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Are you using the same network as the people using wifi ?
  3. Mng

Mng New Member

Yes the same one
  4. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Well depending on how many it could ? you would all be using bandwidth . How many are you talking ?
  5. dryster

dryster Active Member

I use TP-Link 500's which are a bit better upstairs from my router than a wifi connection through all the wood, flooring, carpet and structure. The speed of any connection is going to depend on how many people are connected at the same time to the same router, but I tend to consider that ethernet is best, ethernet TP-Link second, wifi third, but the sum of all of it is capped by your router.
  6. mark2

mark2 Active Member

I gave my son a pair of TP-links a few weeks back as his wifi was affected by the router from the flat above him
    when he used his Minix X8H-Plus at home he had great wifi connection as do i
    he can barely pick up wifi now so the TP-Links have sorted that problem