1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

[FIXED] M1 - on/off switch broken: how to dismantle?

Discussion in 'NEO M1' started by adi_tca, Aug 13, 2014.

1. adi_tca

adi_tca Trusted Helper Trusted Helper

@Minix: I wanted to start my X8-H and just realized that the M1 on/off little switch is missing, if I shake it I hear a sound inside the M1, so it looks that somehow M1 fell down on the on/off switch corner and now I think it's inside.

I cannot use M1 anymore, is there a way to dismantle the plastic cover to check what happened? I can try to force it, but maybe you can help with some guidance & pictures.

Thx a lot.

EDIT-FIXED: ok, I managed to open the plastic cover and found inside that the on/off switch was not soldered anymore and moving around. So I searched for my old soldering station and some tin and soldered it back. Now M1 remote it's working again, so no need for further help.

Cheers
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. Obscura

Obscura New Member

Same thing happened to mine. I don't solder. Is there a warranty?
  3. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

You should have a 1 year warranty from the seller you bought it off. I would contact the people you bought it off and you should be able to return it.
    Same thing happened to mine :(
  4. ssspacman

ssspacman New Member

Geekbuying wants me to pay for shipping costs both way for my warranty repair/exchange. Should I accept that or should Geekbuying pay for their part (one way) of the shipping costs? Think the charging port is broken as no light comes on when pluggin the charger.
  5. ssspacman

ssspacman New Member

6. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

How did you get the cover open?
  7. adi_tca

If I remember well, I used a very thin Phillips screwdriver.
  8. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Just prised it off gently, does it eventually click off and when ready just push back together until it clicks back into place?
  9. adi_tca

Yes, once you gently remove the cover, you will see that the on/off switch has only one position to be soldered back, if this is your issue.
    Yes. You can hear a click when mounting back the plastic cover.
  10. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Last query do you recommend a specific starting position when prising apart?
  11. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Lotus!!! :ROFLMAO:(y)

[​IMG]
    adi_tca likes this.
  12. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

I asked for that :whistle:
  13. adi_tca

omg Villa...:ROFLMAO: