1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

For all our benefit

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Official Firmware Releases' started by Webdrifter, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webdrifter

Webdrifter New Member

Dear HardwareGuru,

Your answer in thread http://www.minixforum.com/threads/is-there-an-update-to-lolipop-or-no.14589/#post-113522 has me a bit worried. Do not misunderstand me, from a personal view I can totally relate to what you are saying. And I applaud all the work you are putting into realizing an update for us all. And you are probably right about the fact that current OS and Kodi Jarvis already can deliver all we need. However, your respond does not sound very professional. It sound like a lonesome hardworking but a bit tiered developer who feels himself misunderstood. And that's not how a professional business should sound. You have to understand that in business it's the market that is always "right", even if they are wrong!!!! That may not be what we as developers like to hear, but it holds true. They pay for our bread, and do only so as long as we can cater not only their needs, but also their wants, better than our competition does.

Answers as given in thread http://www.minixforum.com/threads/is-there-an-update-to-lolipop-or-no.14589/#post-113522 do not give me the confidence that you guys have really grasped that ( As does closing threads for responds).

Clearly from all the demands in this forum is clearly resonates that people expect an update and will only wait so long. I’m just trying to say, it would be a pity if all your efforts in realizing an update would mean you came too late. Is Minix giving you enough support to realize this update in time? Or are you Minix? I hope you guys will be able to deliver in time. It would be a pity if Minix, which in my opinion still is one of the best platforms, would go down the drain together with all those others who failed to cater the market in time.
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

@Webdrifter He is suffering from kind of heart-related issue and is semi-retired now.
    Thread locked.
    kingsizept likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.