1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Gigabit Ethernet Port - Mac OS X driver installation

Discussion in 'NEO C, USB-C Multiport Adapter' started by MINIX - Ken, Feb 25, 2016.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Can you try to assign a static IP and report back?
    We can't tell if it's the adapter's problem or not as we don't know your server configuration.

Please provide the system log file:
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/3521/os-x-how-to-view-log-files/

On the other hand, if it's fine using the same adapter over another network,
    then very likely it's related to the server configuration.
  2. kptn

kptn New Member

i did assign a static IP (actual situation) it fixed the problem for some days and then instability came back.
    It do not seem to come from the network configuration as it works weel through wifi (but slower do to wifi bandwith)
  3. MINIX - Ken

Please share the system log file, then we can see what's happening on your side.
  4. kptn

kptn New Member

Hi ken on which email do you want me to send you my log files. Im quite shy and do not really want to show me nude on a forum ;-)
  5. MINIX - Ken

Please check private message.
  6. Tetramer

Tetramer New Member

I recently updated to Sierra 10.12.2 on a Retina MacBook. The Minix USB-C HDMI was working perfectly, but now the gigabit ethernet adapter no longer works. I attempted to reinstall the drivers v2.8.0, but then got an error installation due to an error with the system extension (see attached). Any resolutions?

Attached Files:

7. MINIX - Ken

Please give us a few days to check this issue with ASIX (the lan chip vendor).
  8. bazil

bazil New Member

I'm using a new 15" MacBook Pro 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 with touch bar

The OS is 10.12.2

The NEO-C-HSI adaptor is working fine for HDMI and network setting, however after waking from sleep or restarting, network connectivity breaks and the adaptor reports 'Not Connected'.
  9. Manel

Manel New Member

The kind folks at Minix contacted me and sent me a replacement unit for free. This works much better at least with the external screen, Ethernet not yet tested. In any case, thanks for the good customer service. And to those with similar problems: I guess best is to contact Minix directly. Good luck.
  10. cc_yong

cc_yong New Member

I installed the latest driver (Ver 2.8) and the ethernet connection on the NEO C is running.

However, the speed test gives only 95mbps/94mbps on the 1 Gbps connection.

Can you please confirm this adaptor cannot support 1 Gbps connections? Or, could you please advise the network configuration required for macOS 10.12.2. Thank you for your help sir.
  11. Jad

Jad New Member

Hey Everyone,
    I installed the latest driver V2.8 on my new Macbook pro machine 10.12.2 , all ports are working properly unless Ethernet one, when i connect the ethernet port to the network it gets active & obtains IP@ but after 3 minutes it stops working !! like there is no connectivity ( no internet ) but still green & obtaining IP address !!
    Anybody has encountered the same problem !? any tips please ?
  12. MINIX - Ken

How do you test? You have 1Gbps Internet service?
  13. Gary Ling

Gary Ling New Member

the Ethernet works well on the mac partition but not on the Windows partition on my macbook pro 15inch touch bar.
    I did install the driver on the Windows... not sure what's wrong
    Is there an updated driver?

It used to work on Windows too but that was like 2 weeks ago.
    Sometimes it would work if i restart in MacOS then restart to Windows again
    But now this would not help.
    Any advice please? thanks.
  14. MINIX - Ken

Try to unplug the adapter and charging power from the laptop, then plug it back? I guess it causes the Ethernet port unable to reset since it continously providing power, even during restart or reboot which requires a reset.
  15. shaun12

shaun12 New Member

Hi Ive installed the latest driver on macbook 2015, the hub works well with the ethernet plugged in, but if i boot with an externel drive ethernet wouldnt work, i have installed the driver on the bootable drive too but it dont seem to work. Please assist.
  16. MINIX - Ken

Did you boot with a separate port?
  17. Izi

Izi New Member

I am trying to charge my iPad pro with usb-lightning but the iPad says "not charging"
  18. Shaka80

Shaka80 New Member

Hello I've just received the Minix Usb-c Multiport adapter.
    I've installed the latest drivers BUT ethernet connection is set to 100 and not Gigabit.
    I have a 300Mb fibre connection and I can only reach 100Mb.
    I tried to change the setting manually (see pic) but then it says cable disconnected.
    Any solution yet? Thank you

Attached Files: