1. Official MINIX forum

[HELP] Display problems on Viewsonic n3752w TV

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by Tofu Punx, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Tofu Punx

Tofu Punx New Member

Having trouble with a red/pinkish colourcast. The video driver is up to date, bios firmware updated, colour profile for tv is correct, resolution and refresh are correct. The tv will not allow me to change the refresh rate (60hz)... this colourcast I have seen before on this tv with my Raspberry Pi and I could change the refresh and it worked.
    When first booting up or coming out of sleep, the colours are correct for a split second then they revert to this red/pinkish colour... any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. Tofu Punx

Tofu Punx New Member

I made a bit of progress in that the colour is correct when switched to 1920 x 1080 interlaced but the screen scaling is too big and the Intel "Underscan" feature does not change the screen size at all. Anyone????
  3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

The underscan feature is not supported by the Intel driver for Baytrail, Cherrytrail and Braswell platforms.
    Have you checked the manual of your TV to configure the screen size mode of your display?:

Wide
    Repeatedly press WIDE button to select the aspect ratio of screen. You can select between No scale, Normal, Full, Wide 1, Wide 2, Wide 3, 4:3, and 16:9
  4. Tofu Punx

Tofu Punx New Member

Thanks Ken for the response. The TV's manual refers to VGA connection for a PC (because the TV is old) but it does has 3 HDMI ports. I had no issue at all scaling and setting the correct resolution and refresh with a Raspberry Pi/OpenElec on an HDMI port.
    I have tried fitting the inteerlaced resolution by using the tv wide, 16:9, no scale etc. settings... unfortunately it's still off the screen.
  5. MINIX - Ken

Have you tried 1366x768 if it's an old TV?
    That's the native resolution for many older TVs...
  6. Tofu Punx

Tofu Punx New Member

I have tried that and the native pixel resolution (1366x768 at 60hz) has the pink/red colourcast and the interlaced one does not display at all.

7. Tofu Punx

Tofu Punx New Member

I still haven't found a solution to this problem. The Minix mini PC was bought for use specifically with this tv, seems like it should be a solvable problem given it actually flashes both the correct colour and resolution for a split second on boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. MINIX - Ken

Try 50 or 59Hz.
  9. Tofu Punx

Tofu Punx New Member

Couldn't get those to work either. Would a VGA connection yield the same results?

10. Tofu Punx

Tofu Punx New Member

...because I need to buy an adapter and don't want to do so if it's going to yield the same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. MINIX - Ken

We don't have a TV or monitor which is without the capability to adjust scan mode/ video scaling so we can't do this test and give you the answer, sorry.
  12. Tofu Punx

Tofu Punx New Member

Ok, thanks for your help regardless.