1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

How do I update Kodi on Minix X8

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by Shard_lake, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Shard_lake

Shard_lake New Member

If I go to the Play Store it says that the latest version of Kodi is not compatible with my device. Why is this and is there any way to update to a newer version?
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. mike_emons

mike_emons New Member

The latest version of kodi isn't compatible on the x8 because it's running android 4.4.2 instead of android 5.x.x you can update the firmware to accommodate the latest version of kodi or if you try a different fork of kodi you could run kodi 17 on 4.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Shard_lake

Shard_lake New Member

Thanks, do I have to root my device to update the firmware? Every time I check for updates it says there aren't any.
    UPDATE: I found the instructions to do this via USB so I can have a go that way. But you'd think the button they built would do something!
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  4. mike_emons

mike_emons New Member

5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

6. Shard_lake

Shard_lake New Member

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  7. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

8. Shard_lake

Shard_lake New Member

Can't wait for the next one, which will probably be called XH8-Plus :LOL: :ROFLMAO:.
    Last night I flashed my Minix and it's now running Android Lollipop. It's much faster and more reliable, and the new Kodi is miles better. Cheers!
  9. vfc

vfc Active Member

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk
  10. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Good to know! o_O
  11. How can I update my Minix NEO X8 Plus please?
  12. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

I assume you are referring to the thread title ! This will enable you to have some of the features of Kodi 17 but is based off of Kodi 16

Download the Arm General/AML version...
    http://freaktab.org/10abcf3d2deb68b8