1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

How do we change the subtitle font size in Movie Player app ?

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by medwatt, Aug 3, 2017.

1. medwatt

medwatt Member

I tried loading a couple of movies on the default Movie Player that comes with the Minix firmware. Everything went well except that the subtitle font size is too small. It doesn't seem possible to change the size because all other options beside turning the subtitle off are greyed out. Does it require magic to change the font size or what?
  2. medwatt

medwatt Member

Anyone ? Mods ?
  3. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

4. medwatt

medwatt Member

5. dortmunder

dortmunder New Member

Changing the subtitle font size is easy enough and I'm sure you've worked it out by now (bring up the bar with 'pause' etc, bring up the 'continuation bar' (for want of a better phrase) and the subtitle options are there, I just can't recall what the icon looks like at the moment).

My problem is that when a new vid begins, the subtitle size reverts to default i.e. any change you make doesn't 'stick'. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd be very appreciative as MoviePlayer is very good.
  6. Villa

Screenshot_20170927-154307.png
  7. medwatt

medwatt Member

I've already mentioned in my first post that "all other options beside turning the subtitle off are greyed out".
    Villa likes this.
  8. dortmunder

dortmunder New Member

Have you never been able to access this screen then?
    subs.jpg

If not, I can only suggest a reinstall of the player. The max (and best, I'd say) size is 30 but I have to set it with every new vid which is a tad annoying...
  9. Villa

Subtitle embedded in video file.

I get this...

Screenshot_20170928-231147.png
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  10. Villa

Subtitle .srt file.

I get this...

Screenshot_20170928-234716.png
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  11. Villa

The difference is whether the subtitles are embedded in the video file or a separate .srt file!
    memocan and medwatt like this.