1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

I need to use a 256Gb SSD

Discussion in 'NEO N42C-4' started by Eddystone, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Eddystone

Eddystone New Member

Inserted my m.2 256Gb SSD OK no problems, managed to make a disk image OK and then via the BIOS got it to boot from new drive without any problems. Ran for a couple of days OK but now it will not Boot into Windows 10. Just trying to RESET at the moment. Its seems to have been on 20% for about an hour and a half.
    My question is can I just reformat my 256SSD and then carry out a complete new installation of Windows 10? If so how do I do this as I have no licence details. I believe this information is stored in the BIOS.

Thanks for any help. I just want to start from scratch with a new Windows 10 installation.

Eddy

2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

3. Eddystone

Eddystone New Member

Many thanks for that. Just connected to the HK site OK and file transfer started OK. Got to 2Gb then got the following error message.
    * Server does not support resume of files > 2Gb
    * Critical transfer error.
    Will try again and see if I can get past 2Gb

Cheers

4. Eddystone

Eddystone New Member

After download. Do you unzip to a USB drive and then select Boot from USB in BIOS to re-install Windows 10 Pro. If so I presume you will not be asked for Windows licence details as this is held in BIOS.

Cheers Eddy

5. skynet

6. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

7. John Knox

John Knox New Member

is there a complete set of instructions or guide for upgrading the memory card somewhere?

8. skynet

9. John Knox

John Knox New Member

Interesting, but this does not have any instructions how it should be done, or what to do if something doesn't work properly. Surely Minix provide instructions somewhere?

10. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

Attached Files: