1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Kodi resetting to factory?

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by MikeyGusto, Jan 10, 2017.

1. MikeyGusto

MikeyGusto New Member

Hey guys and gals.
    I recently bought a Minix box off a friend of mine. He had it all set up and ready to go, it was good for about a month, but one day we turned it on and the build that he had installed was wiped, and The factory Kodi was there. With no add on's or anything. I downloaded a new build, and a coujple of days later the same thing happened.
    I deleted the Kodi and re downloaded it. I just put some add ons on the Kodi such as Exodus, Phoenix and Sportsmania. Then again, a couple of days later it reset itself again.
    Is there something that I'm doing wrong?
    Any input on how to install something and have it stay on the Kodi.
    any help would be much appreciated.
  2. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Which Minix box are you using
    have you tried xbmc minix version
    you could try wiping your box back to factory state and start afresh
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I've seen this happen sometimes where kodi defaults to the default Confluence skin. The addons should still be there its just that the skin/gui/interface wasn't loaded correctly. Sometimes just restarting it fixes it or even just going into the settings and selecting the correct skin.
    Also keep a backup of your current setup using the Backup addon and then it is easy to restore it if needed.
  4. rmaijala1

rmaijala1 Member

It sounds to me like it's not seeing the userdata folder in .kodi

This happened to me occasionally when I had my data saved to the SD card I wanted to save the space on the nand and there 8s a script you can use to point the kodi to the userdata folder on the SD card. When I moved userdata back to the nanda as normal the problem ended. Since the OP did not set up this box maybe his friend did that for him

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk
  5. MikeyGusto

MikeyGusto New Member

Thanks for the response guys. I have no idea what version of the Minix box it is, nor does my friend.
    I have found the XBMC version on the minix, but when I tried to set up on it, it says its been disabled?

How do I get the backup add on installed? YouTube?
    Also, it seems as if I'm not having this problem if only Phoenix and Exodus are installed.
    (possibly a stupid question) Is it possible to get "Zapped" like the old stolen satalitte signals?
    Thanks again Fellas!
  6. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Have a look here might give you a clue to which box it is
    http://androidpcreview.com/how-do-i-tell-what-minix-firmware-version-is-on-my-android-tv-box/3953/
  7. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Look at the labeling underneath the device.
  8. MikeyGusto

MikeyGusto New Member

So I just looked up the box after following the link you provided.
    I believe in the settings it says a NEO-X6
    how to I add on a back up for the kodi?
  9. EdT586

EdT586 Member

Use SDCARD-WIZARD to back up your Kodi Add-ons and Skins
    If you don't close Kodi properly like waiting for it to soft exit and just pull the plug or press the OFF button you will corrupt 3rd party skins in Kodi and return to the default Confluence skin.
  10. macki_b

macki_b New Member

An even more simple thing to do is just to copy the content of the xbmc folder to a safe place. This conatins all your settings and addons etc. and can easily be copied to the new install directory