1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

M1 air mouse

Discussion in 'NEO M1' started by gavra, Sep 8, 2014.

1. gavra

gavra New Member

Is it just me or the perfomance of the air mouse is pretty lame? it is not accurate at all, sometimes it goes crazy and sometime responds fine.
    I am running beta 8, don't remeber how it did on previous versions.

Thanks.
    Boaz likes this.
  2. gjs999

gjs999 Active Member

Make sure its fully charged and slow down mouse settings within android usually helps a bit
  3. TheKillingBean

TheKillingBean New Member

Yeah, that thing is not good at all. I always have to point very strange. Sometimes it goes slow then very fast. I recalibrate it, but that is only a fix for a few seconds. I like to have a controller like this, but it should work much better.
    Boaz likes this.
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Fast or slow is dependent on the magnitude you move it. The faster you swing it, the faster it moves.
  5. Szakus

Szakus New Member

I'm also not satisfied with accuracy of M1. Is there some better air mouse ?
    Boaz likes this.
  6. Silverback

Silverback Member

I had the M1 first then bought the Mele F10 Pro. The M1 isn't accurate, everyone is right. The F10 pro however is smooth and accurate
    Yordan Konov likes this.
  7. kendub

kendub Member

Hi Silverback I am thinking of buying The F10 pro,

how is its battery life like
    and
    how is scrolling
    and
    can you pinch, zoom on google maps

If is there anything , you cant do on it, that you could on the M1

Thanks
  8. Boaz

Boaz Member

yes i have also problem with the M1 air mouse with is accurete at x8h. i changed the mouse move at kit kat and calibrate it , still not work smoote.
    maybe @MINIX - Ken @MINIX - John will improve it on the final relase of 002 version ???
    i got it "free" when i bought the x8h. i prefer not got it and get discount on the total amount. bought it from geekbuying. can i complane there ????
  9. You could connect your M1 to your Windows/Linux PC or Mac and see if there is any issue with fluid movements first. That way you can be sure. For me it is working smooth on X8-H and Ubuntu 12.04.5. I have just connected mine to this laptop from which I am writing the post. Its all smooth. To show an example I am just copying and pasting the Linux dmesg output of the M1 and I get a fine grained control to select text just like a real mouse:

[ 8597.433806] input: SAGE SAGE AirMouse as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb2/2-1/2-1.2/2-1.2:1.0/input/input17
    [ 8597.434545] generic-usb 0003:400C:107A.0005: input,hiddev0,hidraw2: USB HID v1.01 Keyboard [SAGE SAGE AirMouse] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2/input0
    [ 8597.438675] input: SAGE SAGE AirMouse as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb2/2-1/2-1.2/2-1.2:1.1/input/input18
    [ 8597.439570] generic-usb 0003:400C:107A.0006: input,hiddev0,hidraw3: USB HID v1.01 Mouse [SAGE SAGE AirMouse] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2/input1

So try your M1 on a computer first to see if everything is fine.
    Boaz likes this.
  10. Silverback

Silverback Member

Battery life is great so is range and it's very accurate. I haven't tied the pinch to zoom. Overall it's one of the better remotes but I think maybe you should buy the Mele F10 Deluxe it's their newest remote plus it also has an infrared Learning feature so you can probably learn the code to power off or sleep the minix from the M1 remote.

I also got the F10 pro because it has a microphone built in, the Deluxe doesn't but I think I shoulda just got the Deluxe.
  11. kendub

kendub Member

Thanks Silverback, didnt know there was a delux, ill look into it

the M1 does not power off the minix, I have to use the power button or alternatively i have a power down, shortcut set up on my homescreen
  12. Rslynn46

Rslynn46 Member

I agree you have to be a Contortionist to use the m1!
  13. kendub

kendub Member

Can anyone reccomend an honest site/seller to but the Mele f10 pro from, please
  14. Boaz

Boaz Member

I connect the M1 to win 7. work fine and smooth . so the problem is with the driver at minix x8h to the M1.
    Maybe @MINIX - Ken or @MINIX - John will solve this issue at 002 final release ???
  15. I don't know if this helps you, but try the trouble shooting hints found in the Neo M1 User Guide found here: http://www.minix.com.hk//downfile/2014061110551888391.jpg

I did the same and I found that it felt better.
    Boaz and Higgs like this.
  16. Lluis

Lluis New Member

I own an A2, and it lacks any precission, and very laggy. I'm pretty sure it's caused by a very poor - generic - driver... seems that MINIX does nothing to properly suppprt its own products.

Lluis
    Boaz likes this.
  17. Boaz

Boaz Member

I do this allready but yet there is some laggy with the response of the air mouse. But at win7 the air mouse work smooth. I think that @MINIX - Ken @MINIX - John has to update the driver of the M1 to x8h
  18. Boaz

Boaz Member

yes @MINIX - Ken @MINIX - John has to update the M1 driver to x8h
  19. Prizm

Prizm New Member

Yes, the remote is the reason I cannot recommend the Neo X8 to anyone. It's just unreliable. You have to charge it every 2 days, and it randomly just stops working for no reason at all. Sometimes it comes back after 10 seconds or so, other times I have to plug it into the charger and then unplug it again to make it wake up.
    Man I miss the Boxee remote...that was the best media remote I've ever used.
    Boaz likes this.
  20. Mavors

Mavors Member

I have the M1 and the A2.

The M1 is horrible, the lack of precision (even with lower response on settings) make it almost unusable. I have to calibrate it almost from 30 in 30 seconds.
    Well, the A2 is far better, but lacks some of it's buttons functionality. Some of them don't work at all, it looks almost that it has an unfinished (or generic) driver, but as Air Mouse it works much better, it's more precise and with less lag.

I hope that the next OTA firmware solves some of this issues.
    Boaz likes this.