1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Metro Launcher

Discussion in 'NEO X5 mini' started by midnight, Aug 4, 2016.

1. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Helping a co-worker with his two x5 minis'......is there a way to put the Metro Launcher on ? I see the option but when I select it, it won't change :unsure:

Thanks
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Are you saying that when you go to Settings, Home the Metro Launcher is listed there but it can not be selected?
    If it can be selected (tick in the box), then press the Home button on the remote and you should have the Metro Launcher.
  3. midnight

Thanks , I will give it a go tonight :)
  4. midnight

When I first power the unit on it ask me for Launcher 3 or Metro... when I select Metro and Always , the screen briefly disappears then reappears and is wanting me to select the same options ??
  5. Villa

Hmmm, so now are you saying that the device is in a loop if you select Metro? What happens when you select Launcher 3?

Try data/cache clear for the Metro app. If you can get to Settings?
    The only other opton is to reflash!
  6. midnight

Thanks Villa.....I will try your suggestions and report back :)
  7. hostet

hostet New Member

Hi Midnight,

I presume you are running Kitkat 250 firmware. The Metro Launcher in the firmware is not working. Hence you will be asked to select the launcher again and again when you select Metro launcher. You can download Minix Metro 2 from here. goo.gl/W4a8fO. You simply extract the file with 7zip, and install the apk inside. Select Minix Metro and you are good to go.
    midnight and Villa like this.
  8. Villa

I've not heard of that one before, but I'm not going to argue with you! :D
    Here is the MINIX forum link...
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=MINIX_METRO_v2.rar
  9. hostet

hostet New Member

Hi Villa,

Thank you for posting the link :D:D:D
  10. midnight

Yes I am on 250.... thank-you both for your support .(y)
  11. midnight

Having issues with this guy ...I can't even open up ES explorer, when I try it opens then closes :( I don't think I can reflash 250 again because its already on it ?? :unsure:
  12. hostet

hostet New Member

Yes you can still te-flash. Before you try anything, try a system reset

Do you have the usb cable for the Minix X5 mini? If you do, follow the link to download firmware 250 and do a manual firmware te-flashing. 250 can be found here http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x5mini-kitkat-250-february-8th-2016.10908/

Re-flashing instruction can you found here. http://www.minixforum.com/threads/h...irmware-for-minix-x7-mini-x7-x5-mini-x5.5230/
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Villa likes this.
  13. midnight

Thanks @hostet ... I think what I read about reflashing was OTA is not possible if it is already installed . I don't have the cable , I will have to get it from him, it is longer on the end that goes into the x5. OTA makes you forget steps but I had a x5mini and a x7 so I will check out the link you quoted and I'm sure it will all come back to me :)......(y)
  14. midnight

Finally just getting back to you all. I reflashed 250 and still had the Metro Launcher problem where it asked me which one I wanted to use and when I selected Metro and always it disappears and ask the same question :( I installed the Metro Launcher rar. file that @Villa posted (#8) and all is good .

Thanks for all the help !!:)
    Villa likes this.