1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Product Announcement MINIX NEO U9-H

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Gh0st, Feb 27, 2017.

1. idlefriend

idlefriend Member

Dont worry I am also using Denon 7.1 AVR only.Settings are same.
  2. riki68

riki68 New Member

But I do not know that 7.1 sound on your Denon will not play through an optical cable but just an HDMI cable. And for HDR playback, 10-bit on your U9, you need both HDMI 2.0 and your Denon to TV. The optical cable only has a passport of 5.1
  3. SLauder

SLauder Member

I have read that the U9 is preloaded with Kodi 17.1 and recommendations to delete it and download kodi 17.3. Wouldn't the U9 simply overright 17.1 to 17.3 if it is downloaded?

It seems so, from Kodi website: You can install this build just on top of your current Kodi installation without doing a reinstall or cleanup as we do a full migration if needed. All you add-ons or installed skin will keep working.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  4. idlefriend

idlefriend Member

True.But for that U9 can't do anything.you need to use HDMi only.My Denon AVR is not compatible HDR so only watching 4K content.
  5. SLauder

SLauder Member

Seems like the recommendation is to go HDMI only?
  6. SLauder

SLauder Member

OK got my box up and running and i do notice the videos are much darker than with the 8H-plus. MY firmware is fw0001. I thought I read that there was a fw004 update to fix the dark issue. Was it released? The main screen says i am up to date.
  7. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

When you say "main screen" what are you referring to?
    Are you using the system update app?
    Maybe you could post a screenshot?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
  8. SLauder

SLauder Member

By main screen i mean the screen the appears after the unit is powered on. Before going into any apps such as Kodi.
    If i go into the settings/device/about/ and click system update it says Your system is up to date. Going down the list in the 'about' menu the Build is U9H FW001 2016/12/10

OK i now see the system update app and am running an update. Once completed i'll run it again.
    Cheers
  9. Higgs

Check the system update app. If it doesn't show any updates then clear cache/data from the system app.

SLauder likes this.
  10. SLauder

SLauder Member

Thanks and i don't suppose you would know how i could go able getting another receiver dongle for my A2 lite from Minix. I called the San Fran office and haven't heard back.
  11. Higgs

I've replied to your post in the other thread.

SLauder likes this.
  12. D@Cod3r

D@Cod3r New Member

Ordered my U9-H, waiting for it to be delivered tomorrow but can't play with it till Friday Enjoyed using my X8-H Plus and am looking forward to using this one one. Will let you know what my initial thoughts are.
  13. Alexjj

Alexjj New Member

I purchased a Neo U9-H and am unable to connect to Movie HD using any VPN. My Neo X8-H will connect to Movie HD but for some reason the U9-H won't.
    I bought 2 UH-9s and neither one will connect once the VPN is turned on.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks
  14. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Belated reply
    I run 5 or so minix boxes off a synology ds213j with 2x 4tb in raid1
    That wld make a ds216j or so given current models. If you just use that as data source and not run a zillion packages on it, it works flawlessly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Hoshin

Hoshin New Member

Hello Alexjj.
    I run in the same problem. Only way to see the harddisk is by resetting the netwerk settings. And this Will kill the VPN connection. I also would like. To have Some advice as I am not an experienced Android user. With an other operating system vpn can be switched of for a particular add-on.
  16. simon123

simon123 New Member

is this minx box the lates model iv been working away a lot that's why I'm asking
  17. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

18. me who

me who Member

Review of this box

Maybe Minix will like this guy now :) LOL
  19. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

i very much doubt it....proof of what a complete knobhead he is
    hopefully a moderator will remove this video
  20. me who

me who Member