1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

MINIX NT-II Video Review

Discussion in 'NT-1 & NT-II' started by robertojorge, Jun 15, 2015.

1. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hey guys & girls :)

Here´s my video review on the new MINIX NT-II (Great experience with them)

Hope you enjoy the review.
    All the Best
    RJ
    sangaz, KAR, Snakebite and 3 others like this.
  2. Snakebite

Snakebite Moderator Moderator

Hey Roberto - another fantastic review! I've been keeping and eye on this development and will probably add the NT-II's to my growing list of MINIX devices...

A few queries
    How did you get them so soon? I'm hoping they were sent hot off the production line by our friends at MINIX for your exclusive appraisal:censored::whistle:
    Do they need to be charged and powered on when connected to devices via the 3.5mm lead?
    Did you try the nfc functionality and if so, how does the user experience compare to bluetooth configuration?
    Any word on uk prices as I can't seem to find any vendors at the moment

Thanks again for the review...
    robertojorge likes this.
  3. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Hi @Snakebite Thanks for the feedback!!!

It was sent by Minix for testing and a honest review and thats what i delivered (actually i also had a lot of fun recording the review :) ), really impressed so far with the quality of these and the way they work when connecting the phone and the laptop, really awesome. Ive also been listening to movies (Z64 A) when i go to bed and everybody is sleeping and really nice sound.

Also Minix states 10 hours of usage but im seeing more, ive been using them intensively since thursday, and the batteries still last so without a exact number at least 15 hours or so (i didn't time it :) ).

When connected with the jack you dont need batteries so thats also really cool :)

Although it works great with bluetooth im curious to test the NFC but it seems that i dont have any other NFC capable device :) I searched info on the iPhone 4S, 5, iPad Mini Retina 2 which are the mobile devices that we have and seems that none has NFC.

The info that i have is that reference prices are 49.90USD / 49.90EURO / 39.90GBP which on my opinion is a great value for what we get.

On Us i have found on amazon today available and i already updated the video desc, on amazon uk not yet but will be soon, but you can also check this link http://goo.gl/g4UCd2 it seems that takes more time than on amazon but worth to check it.

Hope it helps
    RJ
    Snakebite likes this.
  4. Snakebite

Snakebite Moderator Moderator

Thanks for a quick and detailed response to my questions RJ!

It looks like MINIX are onto another winner here...
    Real bonus being able to use the lead if batteries are drained
    Can't argue with the price point either, apparently the specs come close to if not exceed that designer headgear worn by celebs, branded by a Dr and owned by a fruit company, at just an 1/8th of the price!!!!

Can't wait...
    robertojorge likes this.
  5. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

:) Once you get yours if possible share the experience here on the forum. Would be great to hear your thoughts.
    All the Best
    RJ
  6. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

They're great, I checked them out yesterday. I agree with your review! Cheers.
    robertojorge likes this.
  7. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Great revieuw mate!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ZP980+ met Tapatalk
    robertojorge likes this.
  8. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Great review Roberto! (y)

I checked out a pair today.

Something I noticed is that I prefer to wear them the wrong way round (Does it really matter?!) :rolleyes:
    The controls are on the left but if you wear them like that then they aren't intuitive. Wearing them with the controls on the right means that track forward is the direction you are looking and track back is to your rear. Obviously volume is not affected unless you are standing on your head! :ROFLMAO:

Nearly forget to say.. Audio quality is excellent!
    robertojorge and Higgs like this.
  9. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I've been doing the same (controls on right) :)
    robertojorge and Villa like this.
  10. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Understand 100% what you guys are saying, but actually im using mine on the left, im right handed but its actually easy for me to use on the left. Hard to explain Oh well!! :) What matters is that we can use it in both sides hehe!! Yeah the audio is great!!
  11. Villa

Right and left would only matter when watching video and something passes by on the screen. Something travelling from left to right, Higgs and I see it going left to right but it sounds like it's going right to left! :oops::confused::cautious:
    We could always stand on our heads! :ROFLMAO: Oh, but that would affect the volume! :whistle:
    robertojorge likes this.
  12. azcargo

azcargo New Member

Hi Roberto-great review! Can I come and work for you?!!

Received mine today and they are very impressive indeed. Great look and feel about them with an easy user experience.
    Sound quality is superb and the bluetooth connectivity has a very decent range so they are really fantastic value for money.

I'm a big fan of Minix products and they haven't disappointed!

One question though:- I can't seem to use the voice search on my Minix X8-h- any ideas? Microphone works great on iPhone btw.

Any help would be appreciated!

All the best

Regards

Tony
  13. steve91

steve91 New Member

same as, can use the voice search on my phone but not my Minix X8-H PLUS - yeah the sound from these is awesome
  14. azcargo

azcargo New Member

Im surprised at Minix tbh Steve. Im a great supporter of their products but not to even get a reply, is both disappointing and surprising. If it cant be done then fine, but it would be nice to know!
    All the best
    Tony
    robertojorge likes this.
  15. steve91

steve91 New Member

Yeah its a shame Tony as they have some great product just a shame that no one has reply but its not the first time as I've posted before with no reply to my posts - I've had a look around to see how to get voice search to work on the minix box, options are as follows - A2 remote from minix with voice search or maybe this link (link removed by Moderator) -- last option is the new Nvidia Shield console which arrives to the uk soon this already has voice search in with the remote also headphones can be attached to the remote (looks awesome)

Advertising of any commercial product or service on this forum is not permitted.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
    robertojorge likes this.
  16. azcargo

azcargo New Member

image.jpg I've got the A2 lite which doesn't have the voice search but is otherwise an excellent remote. You would think that the new Minix headphones would do the trick but sadly not.
    Anyone from Minix or a moderator feel free to join us and assist!!

HELLOOO!! IS THIS THING ON???!!!!!!!
    robertojorge and Villa like this.
  17. Villa

I do not know the answer, but from a quick Google search it appears to be an Android Bluetooth thing/issue, it is not in particular to MINIX devices!
    robertojorge likes this.
  18. azcargo

azcargo New Member

Thanks for the reply bud BUT in Minix's own website it says it has voice command so an explanation as to why it doesn't work was what I was after. For no one from Minix to reply was surprising and disappointing especially as I've sang their praises over Twitter and many websites. Just for your information, here is the information in Minix's own words....

http://minix.com.hk/products/nt-ii
    robertojorge likes this.
  19. robertojorge

robertojorge Member

Sorry for the late reply guys, i have tested and also cant get voice recognition, honestly is something that i dont use but understand the concern that users have in using this feature.

This is something that i cant explain, so possibly a Minix staff member can put some tech info here to clear that point. If its possible or not. And if yes what has to be done. I guess that will clear things a bit.
    Once again sorry for the late reply (I received the mail notification but could not reply immediately and i ended up forgetting)

All the Best
    RJ
  20. azcargo

azcargo New Member

Appreciate the reply Roberto. I would have thought that it would be quite an important selling point for Skype etc.

I do hope Minix will agree with you and give us more information.

Thanks again and best regards

Tony
    robertojorge likes this.