1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Need new remote for Minix, with IR learning capability.

Discussion in 'MINIX Requests & Wishes' started by Nirv4nist, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Nirv4nist

Nirv4nist Member

Dear Minix team,

I know the neo a2 lite remote is best in class in terms of ergonomics and functionality. And i am a very satisfied user of it. However it doesn't fulfil one simple requirement. Control TV, STB, and AVR.

It would be great if your hardware team can come up with a new remote which has IR learning capability. Something on the grounds of Mele f10 deluxe. It should have

1. Atleast 3 presets for TV, AVR and STB (apart from minix box) to program IR keys.

2. The ergonomics and the button layout and build quality should be similar to your current remotes but add buttons for navigating through kodi, eg. the page up button, the play previous and next button, home button, etc.

3. Have a backlit keyboard. Improve the keys layout a little.

Thanks.
  2. exitguy

exitguy Member

4. Inbuilt Fixed or Removable Lithium battery that is re-chargeable via USB. Similar to those used in the Rii i8 (Removable)/Rii i8+(Fixed) and M1 Airmouse (Fixed)
  3. Nirv4nist

Nirv4nist Member

3. [Updated] it would be great if the keyboard can have a 5th row with dedicated numeric keys. Is it asking for too much? :)
  4. pijo1971

pijo1971 New Member

Hi,
    I would like to know if there was a follow-up to this request and if there is a remote with the practicality of the A2 but with some programmable IR key

Kind regards Luigi