1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

NEO A2 Lite vs A3

Discussion in 'NEO A3, A2 Lite Airmouse' started by historystory, Jun 19, 2018.

?

Which remote would you always choose?

1. A3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A2 Lite

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. historystory

historystory New Member

I was wondering, the price difference is negligible, so what exactly is the difference except the voice function on the A3 between these two? I know that some people get annoyed by the A3 wake up function, I imagine that being annoying to me also, so if I do not need the A3 voice function, should I just get the A2 Lite instead or there are some other stuff improved in the A3 variation as its a newer device? I imagine battery being better to some extent on the A3, but that comes with the cost of the wake up thing that.

Also I added a poll just in case, although I do not want to base the thread on the poll rather than actual specs and other details.

johnismih likes this.
  2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

For my usage, no need for the voice function, so A2 lite for me ;)

johnismih likes this.
  3. historystory

historystory New Member

I mean, clearly not because of 3-4 dollar difference, but isn't new hardware supposed to bring some other under the hood improvements/engineering improvements/fixes (besides the voice function)?

johnismih likes this.
  4. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

The A3 wake up feature is a PITA
    other than the mic on the a3, which i never use, i prefer the a2 lite and i dont know of any other significant differences

5. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

A2 Lite if you don't want the voice feature.
    I prefer the A2 Lite! :)

The latest A2 Lite's keyboard was changed (a few keys redefined) from the original A2 Lite. On the box of the newer A2 Lite is marked V2.
    The A3 and the A2 Lite V2 have the same keyboard characters.
    The A3 has a useless 'Settings' button on the top side whereas the A2 Lite has a more useful 'Mute' button.
    The A3 has a 'Mic' button (I have remapped it to Enter/Return) whereas the A2 Lite has an 'Enter/Return' button.

johnismih and pusb87 like this.
  6. historystory

historystory New Member

Thank you all for your input!

Since when the V2 model is out, and are all A2 lite models shipping from AliExpress official store are with A2 Lite V2?

7. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

I don't know how long exactly but it must be more than twelve months.
    I wouldn't know!

8. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

A2 lite ! (y):)

9. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

Yes, all stock sold from our official AliExpress Store is NEO A2 Lite V2.

johnismih likes this.
  10. Seaco

Seaco Member

The wake up feature really is a PITA as stated but I'e found the only thing I prefer on the A3 to the A2 is the return button on my A2 if I press it while browsing folders in Kodi it jumps back out of the folder to the previous level, if I do the same thing with my A3 it just moves back one step much better!

11. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

thats easily solved with the kodi keymap editor addon

Villa likes this.
  12. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

More info here - http://www.minixforum.com/threads/fix-a2-a2-lite-back-button-in-xbmc.3294/