1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

NEO X8-H PLUS stock firmware

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS stock firmware' started by MINIX - Ken, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

cache of kodi ?
  2. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

No .. android dalvik cache or other data issues
  3. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

i don't know but i gave update from recovery menu from usb device (latest one) but still i find minix crashing.
  4. HardwareGuru

Read my post.. flash from pc using usb flash tool
  5. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

I checked bootloader is Unknown with dalvik explorer app. Is it okay ? however, can u share the instruction of flahsing from pc?
  6. HardwareGuru

Its in guides section
  7. zeno78

zeno78 New Member

I accidentaly totallly wiped my minix, all I get is bootscreen and twrp recovery tool. how do I install anything, tried almost everything here, fat32 sd card, doesn`t recognize it, usb doesn`t work, and tried to connect to pc .... nope
    help
  8. KeongPN

KeongPN New Member

Hi Ken, I'm having some problems with my Minix Neo X8H Plus on wifi, screen flickering, sudden reload of Android and am thinking of a fresh reload by flashing back to Stock Firmware or should I just flash the latest 011 firmware from the official release page. I hope you can guide to help me out, Thanks & best regards, Ken
  9. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You can first try a factory reset. If that doesn't help then flash the latest firmware using the usbburning tool.
    KeongPN likes this.
  10. KeongPN

KeongPN New Member

Hi Ken, thanks for yr prompt reply & guidance as I've installed the new Lollipop firmware only then these issues stated to pop up.
    I may want to wait till the official & complete 5.1.1 for X8H plus release to finalised the full update, would u agree to that. Anyway my other X7 was running well on the Wasser 5.1.1, thanks to this forum that with the help of you great guys that many of us newbies benefits from.
    Thank you & would look out for those helpful postings.
  11. Nathan Cheang

Nathan Cheang New Member

Hi Ken,
    I am very new here. Got myself a NEO X8-H Plus. Kernel version 3.10.33 root@user-desktop#1. Running satisfactory with KODI16 with all the tv addons until recently. Was informed need to upgrade to KODI17 which was not possible as it is OS4. Does the stock firmware mentioned above would be able to solve my problem?
  12. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-lollipop-rc2-firmware-july-2017.16633/
  13. Nathan Cheang

Nathan Cheang New Member

Hi Villa,
    Thanks for your prompt response. As mentioned, am very IT illiterate so hope you don't mind me asking what should I do now that you had posted a link.
  14. Villa

To run Kodi 17 you need to upgrade to Android 5 Lollipop.
    There has been a Beta version and it is now in RC2 (Release Candidate) prior to final official release.

You can flash the RC2 full system image by following the instructions in the link or wait for the final release.
  15. Nathan Cheang

Nathan Cheang New Member

Hi Villa,
    Do you have any idea the date for the final release? If its around the corner, I feel more secure waiting for it rather than risk flashing. BTW, what's Rc2?
  16. Villa

17. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

I flashed the latest rc2 build with usb burning tool over my existing rc1. After installation I ran my box and got nothing was actually removed from user space or data. So, I just doubt if it was actually perfect way to upgrade a fresh and clean build using burning tool.
  18. Nathan Cheang

Nathan Cheang New Member

My X8-H Plus has
    Kernel Version:
    root@user-desktop #1
    Build #:
    KOT 49H.20170119 release keys
    Would I be able to install Android 5.1 or later using the above mentioned stock firmware?
  19. Villa

You have this link for Android 5 already a couple of posts up!
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-lollipop-rc2-firmware-july-2017.16633/

I don't understand why you think this stock firmware is relevant to installing Android 5?
    Just flash the Android 5 (Lollipop) firmware!