1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix 1080p

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Yag97, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Yag97

Yag97 New Member

Hey,i have u9h with the latest firmware and i want to ask if there is a way to launch netflix in 1080p

2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

3. Yag97

Yag97 New Member

I understand that i neet to edit the build.prop ,how do i do this?

4. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Active Member

Yag97 and kingsizept like this.
  5. Yag97

Yag97 New Member

Thanx a lot! How can i check the resoulution of the video?

6. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Active Member

7. Yag97

Yag97 New Member

Thank you again . how do i get 5.1 dolby audio?

8. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Active Member

That is when it gets really complicated. You need to get your hands dirty with Android like you see over here with the Android TV ROM:

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/android-tv-on-the-minix-u9-h.16908/page-11#post-145002

You also need to be HDMI connected to a DD+ audio receiver too. It has to be DD+ a regular DD only HDMI audio receiver will not work with any Android TV Netflix App if you want 5.1 audio.

That Mega - Android TV Netflix .apk I linked to above has been specially modified to bypass the 5.1 Android Audio check and work with 2.0 Audio only.

Yag97 likes this.
  9. babyboomer

babyboomer New Member

When I use the Netflix apk from wrxtasy my shows will only buffer to 24% only, no matter how long I wait. Anyone else having this issue? Ever since google removed Netflix from play store I haven't been able to use it. Very frustrating.

10. Yag97

Yag97 New Member

Try to reboot your system while the app is installed

11. Marty

Marty Moderator Moderator

Search for "Test Patterns" in Netflix, top right shows the resolution, it adapts according to your connection speed so give it time to test.

12. babyboomer

babyboomer New Member

Rebooted a couple of times I even tried the Netflix tv app from apkmirror website, had the same problem.

13. DoubleD

DoubleD New Member

Hy,
    I installed Netflix with the link you provided and followed your instructions... rebooted, enabled/disabled fake wifi and when i launch the app i get only the red circle turning at the bottom and after a while it says no network check your connection. I'm connected to my network via rj45 cat6 cable and youtube works fine.
    Can you help?

Thanks

14. Yag97

Yag97 New Member

Try to unplug your cable and check if the app works with wifi ,real wifi not the fake function...if not try to reinstall the app

15. DoubleD

DoubleD New Member

Thank you for the reply!

Already tried: real wifi connection (with cable unpluged), uninstall any residual files of the old Netflix files, rebooted device after installing new Netflix app with file installer app (that came with the U9-H), still only get the turning red circle with the logo. I can't even get to the login part!

16. Yag97

Yag97 New Member

I didn't face this issue....you can try to do factory data reset it will might work ,befor that check if you have the latest update fw007a/fw008

DoubleD likes this.
  17. Summy73

Summy73 New Member

Hi, what is the most updated version?

Netflix_v5.3.1_HD.apk
    Netflix_3.2.2 Android TV Mod.apk

I know that the Android TV Mod version allows 1080p but is it newer than v5.3.1?

thanks

Sum

18. babyboomer

babyboomer New Member

Both allows 1080p I believe. I was able to run Netflix_v5.3.1_HD.apk just fine but the only thing I don't like about it is it's more of a tablet apk. I like the layout better on the Netflix_3.2.2 Android TV Mod.apk because it's remote friendly, but it doesn't work for me. It buffers to 24% and just stays there, can't watch anything with it.

19. Yag97

Yag97 New Member

The version for smartphones runs 720p max.
    You can check the date of releases in Apkmirror for each version. But it's two apps with different interfaces so it doesn't matter what the most updated version...

Summy73 likes this.
  20. Summy73

Summy73 New Member

thanks..
    i've checked on APKmirror and Netflix Android TV last version is 5.16 .. the NF Android TV mod version i tried is 3.2.2, is this the last one? i dont know where to check update for the mod version.