1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

OMG someone help!! Can't download addons!

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by Miswlynn, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Miswlynn

Miswlynn New Member

Hi there,

I'm new to this site and new to kodi. I'm really computer literate and really tech smart for the most part... but!
    I can't seem to figure out anything on my kodi android box and to be honest I just want to cry I'm soo frustrated..[​IMG]

So this is everything that's been going on and hopefully someone can help me, PLEASE.

So I had my box and kodi running beautifully and long story short , it started running slow and I fiddled with things and somehow deleted everything. I decided no problem, I'll just put everything back on there and vola, piece of cake. So I reinstalled kodi and every SINGLE time I try adding anything on there wheather it be a programs add on or video add on an error message pops up.

Ex. I tried putting fusion on there and it keeps saying "unable to connect, couldn't retrieve directory information" - I did my homework, watched a bunch of YouTube videos and guys I'm telling you I rewrote the address a HUNDRED times.. a f***ing hundred times! ITS 100% written right. Wth!?

Ex. I downloaded the husham repo - because it sounds super simple and awesome.. and it says failed to add on from zip file.. which happens a lot to other addons I try downloading or there will be nothing in the zip files!

And the internet is most definitely connected!

And I'm sure there's about a hundred more things but right now these are some of the more "important ones".

The only thing I downloaded without a problem is raw maintenance. And I cleared everything and tried again..

Please someone help me!!!!!!
  2. Skemperlis

Skemperlis New Member

Hello , just don't worry I have the same problem also.. and other users ...Kodi is down ...and we don't know when it's gonna be fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

No, kodi is not down. Kodi is working perfectly. What may be down is unofficial third party add-ons and third party addon repositories e.g fusion.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Tim-APCR and midnight like this.
  4. Skemperlis

Skemperlis New Member

Http://fusion.tvaddons.ag/
    Is not working ...
    What repository do you use ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Higgs

As I said third party add-ons and repositories may be down.
    I'm using kodi right now to watch my own media files without any problems.
    There is no problems with the Kodi app.

6. Miswlynn

Miswlynn New Member

Does that mean I just have to keep trying until the server for that addon is back up and running?
  7. Miswlynn

Miswlynn New Member

Is there a way that I can download exodus without going through fusion?
    Btw, thanks for the fast reply! Really appreciate it!
  8. Higgs

You could Google it. Third party add-ons that provide access to illegal/copyrighted material are not supported on this forum.

9. Miswlynn

Miswlynn New Member

Okay. Thank you.
    If I decided I go through a third party addon and it's not working.. and assuming that the addon is down.. does that mean that it just needs time to function properly again?
  10. Higgs

Read my post above

11. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

Hi. Some Servers may close... but is always The "mouse and cat game"... My advice for you is getting (save) , keep your own library (movies/tvshows)).... Buy a NAS or use in external hdd.
  12. Craig stamps

Craig stamps New Member

Hi
    Hi just to let you know tv addon repo has closed down, kodi is working and all other addon are working.
  13. me who

me who Member

There is a site called youtube that has some good youtubers that are explaining what is going on. Husham and Demitrology are some good ones in my opinion. Just for educational purposes. To me, boxes like this is for people who like IT and tinkering. Which is why these types of people like firmware updates and being able to keep their boxes functional. Minix's target market is not a person that just wants to set and forget things. Those people buy Amazon TV or Apple TV. For people who buy the Minix they have to understand that repos will come and go and video addons will come an go, streams will come an go. You need to find sources of information you trust and keep updated with the latest news. Learn about VPNs, learn about torrents vs streaming, etc. It is the wild west right now. But I am sure the government will shut everything down eventually. Government is the enemy of freedom. That is why less government is better! People might have to move to the darknet and such. Hopefully one day people will realize that entertainment isn't worth what they are charging and adjust prices accordingly. Hopefully people will realize that because someone can act does not mean they are a great person and deserve to be our ruling class. Actors used to be looked down upon and now they are treated like gods! When they are usually deviants and liars trying to influence society for the worse. Long live the wild west
  14. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

please don't promote Husham as a good source for information ...hes a complete knobhead
    Villa and mark2 like this.
  15. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Is right @Frederick_99 you hit the nail on the head
  16. me who

me who Member

Maybe if Frederick_99 or mark2 had told us who they think IS good or where they think you can get good information we wouldn't just dismiss your comments as sour grapes. It is easy to call names and sit back an offer no explanation or alternatives. It is also completely useless to those needing information. Please keep your hate to yourself or offer some alternatives. Put up or shut up.
  17. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Are you trying to Hush'am up?! :censored:

I have to say I agree with @Frederick_99 and @mark2's comments. :)
    midnight and Frederick_99 like this.
  18. me who

me who Member

I have to point out that Villa also did not point out any usefull information at all here. Where do you get your information from then? If he is so bad then who/what is better? Should be easy to come up with at least one better source! I am not upping anyone. I was just trying to help someone out and sharing where I get my information. Maybe you could do the same and reveal your "seceret" sources? I don't want to violate any of your rules but for educational purposes there must be other places to get good information? If not then maybe my suggestions aren't too bad... I wouldn't need to go to my sources myself if I had something better.
  19. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

There is nothing to add to this thread. Just a little light-hearted humour! :D

@Higgs already suggested what to do...
  20. me who

me who Member

For me Google directed me to youtube! On youtube there are a lot of people just trying to rip people off, old info not working anymore, and too much crud. Many google resutls now that direct to tv addons don't work because it is offline. I was trying to be careful not to go over the line with discussion but think is it helpful to mention a key term that people should have success when searching. I can appreciate the humor. Just didn't want people to think what I said was just BS. Just sharing the places that were helpful to me. I am currently loving the beta minix firmware and want Minix to have continued success! Currently looking forward to an updated Minix Kodi version. Thanks everyone for all the usefull info I have received in the past. I try to help whenever I can too.