Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by taki, Jan 5, 2015.
Does not boot...tried USB and SD. Stuck on Minix boot logo (greem robot)
tks for the feedback.
so after the install , on the first boot it hang right?
It does not install.
It hangs as soon as the Minix logo and green robot are seen...that's where it stops.
rebuilding my build environment => will make first a x8h img and test it.
if all ok will adapt the build (dtb + wifi driver) to be able to run a x8hp.
strange that with the dtb foreseen for x8hp i doesn't boot.. but it's not the first time it happens if i remember.
Hi just looking in to trying libreelec on my neo x8-h plus, I can see there are problems with wifi but is everything else working fine with kodi krypto? if so can anyone please point me in to where I can find instructions and files on how to get it on to ether sd card or usb to test as a second system next to beta of Lollipop that I'm currently using.
I complied the following guide notes... with thanks to mick56 (and also dali).
How to DUAL boot Minix X8H-plus (currently installed with KitKat or Lollipop RC2)
I'm using SD Card as it runs faster...but there are only a few images that can boot from SD card.
You can also use USB stick with other images...the procedure is the same.
I'm using balbes150 Minix X8H-Plus image because...
- it boots from SD card
- auto frame refresh rate works
- DD 5.1 passthrough works (PCM)
- ethernet works
- Wifi & bluetooth not working
1. Download LibreELEC image - LibreELEC-S812.Minix.arm-17.3.img.gz
2. Download LibreELEC USB-SD Creator
(https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=LibreELEC_USB-SD_Creator) I used the win32 version.
3. Write the image to SD card
4. Create a "boot" folder in the root directory of the LIBREELEC partition of SD card.
5. Download boot.scr (https://yadi.sk/d/du9BkKk632MbMp/20161112)
and copy to the "boot" directory on SD card.
6. Safely remove SD card from computer.
7. Unplug the power plug from the Minix and insert SD card.
8. Reconnect power plug
9. Put your TV on the AV channel of your Minix
10. Use a paperclip and press the little reset button on the back of the Minix
You should feel it click and keep it pressed
11. Press the Power On button for a couple of seconds.
12. When you see the Minix Green Robot logo appear, release the paperclip from the reset button
13. Wait and let it boot... it may boot from internal memory to KitKat or Lollipop (whichever you have)
(In case you end up with the recovery menu...just select reboot system now.)
14. After it's finished booting, power off Minix and after pull out power plug.
15. Re-insert power plug and press the Power On button for a few seconds
16. If all went well it should now boot into LibreElec from the SD Card (or USB).
(It takes a few minutes until you see the Krypton 17.3 screen)
17. The next time you Power On, it will always boot to LibreElec when you have SD or USB inserted.
18. To boot from interal storage (Minix firmware) remove the USB/SD with the LibreElec on it.
I hope it works for you.
thanks for the replay, unfortunately after trying many times with different sd cards and usb's it isn't working for me, is there any way to force it to boot trough recovery? as every time I try it just boots in to android
So I didn't give up and I have redownloaded the package again this time it worked. Thank you again
already 2 days i try to get back a build environment...
i didn't gave up ...
now that I have tested it and everything I need is working nice and smooth - is there any noticeable speed increase when running libreelec from internal memory?
That would depend on whether you are seeing any slowness just now.
If you use a very fast SD card then there will be no difference.
If your card is slower then menus and images like fan art will be slower to load and this will be faster on internal but then a faster SD card would also fix this.
thanks I will stick to the sd card then, do you guys keep the box on all the time when using libreelec? power button on the remote isn't working for me and after choosing suspend from the kodi power option it wont wake up.
i've tweaked the latest Balbes150 MXIII_Plus img.
Can someone test if the wifi is working?
i need also the logs url see https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=HOW_TO:Provide_Logfile
Tested and boots ok...and auto connects to ethernet.
Connected to wifi and it runs for maybe a minute or two...and then stops working.
After I reboot...both wifi and ethernet are connected...system unstable.
I started again with a fresh image and booted ok.
I disconnected "wired" connection in menu....and then logged into wifi
Because I knew wifi only works for short time, I quickly did pastebin of system logs and it worked.
Here is link... http://sprunge.us/RSMT
Tried to continue using wifi but unstable...and later system hangs.
ok tks for the update, i will check it tomorrow.
first read, we need to retry
nvram_ap6335.txt in place of nvram_ap6335e.txt
Edit: Does the Bluetooth work?(it works on the x8h)
Yes it connects.
But I'm not sure how to use it or what to do?
Eg:There is a kodi remote app :http://kodi.wiki/view/Official_Kodi_Remote
Edit: btw boot form sd or USB?
I booted from USB
But i will try SD as well later
Tried the image on SD card but got the file corruption message.
I also tried the "Official_Kodi_Remote" to test out bluetooth, but I couldn't get it to connect/work!!?
I then tried the SYBU Kodi remote and it connected easily...played around with it for a while...but didn't impress me.
The two priorites are WiFi....and getting it to boot from SD card.
so bluetooth ok, wifi not ok, SD not ok
can you try this one => http://www.mediafire.com/file/c7myx3qoc5yjsj8/LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3_20170807.img.gz
again need the sprunge link
Boots ok (usb)... wifi connects but does not work... not even for a few seconds.
Separate names with a comma.