1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Playback Pauses When Screen Is Turned Off

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Hammy, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Hammy

Hammy New Member

I've noticed that playback in dbPoweramp (music player) and YouTube (in-browser) will usually pause when the TV is turned off. I'm curious if the U9-H can be configured to ignore whatever it appears to be getting from the HDMI connection regarding screen power status. I have the audio output to my amplifier through optical, if that matters.
  2. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Have you tried with CEC function disabled ?
    U9-H and TV discuss together....
  3. Naismith

Naismith New Member

Maybe a CEC issue
  4. Hammy

Hammy New Member

I set the "CEC Switch" to Off under "HDMI CEC" settings. Playback still pauses. I disabled the equivalent function on my TV and playback still pauses.

So, uh, how do I really for sure tell this box that I don't want it turning the audio off?
  5. skynet

I know that Yoube is protected from this to be sure you are behind your screen to watch ads.
    Many solutions exist to avoid this but you must root your device.
    On my rooted phone i can play youtube musics with screen off, using a Magisk module.

No idea for dbPoweramp ....
  6. Hammy

Hammy New Member

I considered that but this is quite a different scenario from a mobile touchscreen device. For one, without CEC, how is the U9-H even aware of what is being done with the HDMI output? The simpler answer to me seems to be that the CEC Switch option doesn't actually work.

Incidentally, if I wake the remote back up immediately after the playback pauses from screen-off, I can get the playback started again (with the screen still off) by pressing Spacebar or the Pause button (depending on app). There's simply a Pause command being issued from somewhere (probably this clunky box).

Anyhoo, thanks for reading. If it wasn't for fellow users, this box would have no support whatever.
  7. skynet

I will look for a solution as i'm also interested too : playing good music during a lunch whitout having TV which consumes power.
  8. Hammy

Hammy New Member

I wish you luck!