1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

poor battery life

Discussion in 'NEO A2 Lite' started by Bobbb, May 6, 2015.

1. Bobbb

Bobbb New Member

Bought the A2 Lite mouse to use in combination with my X8-H Plus and for the first couple weeks it worked well.

I was pleased with its battery performance, the rechargeable batteries seemed to last over 1 week.

However, in the last few weeks, the same batteries are only lasting 2-3 days with similar use. The X8-H plus box is running the latest 004a firmware.

Any suggestions how I can fix this significantly poor batter life?
  2. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Be sure that airmouse function is disabled when you're not using it. It can drain the batteries quickly when left on.
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Are you sure it is the A2 Lite you have and not the A2?
    I've been using the A2 Lite for a few months now and have changed the batteries once (2-3 hours use most days). I've found the airmouse function automatically 'sleeps' after a period of inactivity (or after clicking on any of the directional buttons).
  4. Bobbb

Bobbb New Member

It is absolutely the A2 Lite. I specifically ordered the A2 Lite for the battery improvements over the A2.
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

The only other thing I can suggest is to try a new set of batteries. Try a set of new non-rechargeable batteries, just to see if these last longer than a few days
  6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Which type of rechargeable batteries are you using? Are they relatively new? Best to use the highest capacity AAA batteries which are 1000mAh.

Rechargeable batteries in my A2 last 2 to 3 weeks.
  7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

I don't understand why yours could only last for days.
    I am using A2 Lite daily and I change batteries no more than 1 time a month... :(
  8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

I must have a faulty one then. Although using it a lot while setting up boxes for family Xmas presents, I'm going through a set of batteries every day or so. Heavy duty non recycling.
  9. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

One day is definitely defective!
    Get a replacement, if you have troubles doing so, please let us know!
  10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

Got a replacement batteries have lasted 2 weeks so far!
  11. Einsiedler

Einsiedler New Member

So my question about the a2 lite is compared to the a2:

- Is the a2 lite battery life significantly increased compared to the a2?

Because i dont wanna buy new batteries again and again..... or buy only because of the a2 a recharge device and rechargeable batteries..... i think it would be better to sell the shitty a2 and get an a2 lite.
  12. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

@Einsiedler ...please refrain from using foul language here
  13. Einsiedler

Einsiedler New Member

@Frederick_99 sorry but this didn't helped my question, and its a fact that, if this is the truth, its a BAD thing about the A2. Because in comparsion you ->

1.) Dont have the ability to start your MINIX Box because of the missing IR on the A2, and
    2.) If the Battery Life is really that poor on the A2 and the A2 lite has a much longer life

there are no reasons to get an A2 anymore... I thought the A2 is the "Premium" Version and would be the better choice to get instead of the A2 lite. But now i read in this Forums it is exactly the other way, because you can't turn on your Device with the A2 and the A2 will kill eat your batteries in no time ... except you buy a recharge device and rechargeable batteries ..... but this would be extra costs and i think its better to sell my A2 i will get in the next days and spend some extra money for an A2 lite instead of the rechargeable stuff ...

So you feel a little "cheated" like another user wrote in his thread about the A2, because he thought se same like me, get the better one but you get the more worse remote :/ And there are no hints if you don't search for it in this forum or find it randomly that the A2 has no IR and such a poor battery life.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  14. Frederick_99

i dont know why you feel cheated...all the information on the a2 and a2lite is available here on these forums.... which you can view in your research prior to any purchase....its just like buying any other product...do your research first....

i cant comment on life of the batteries of the a2..i have an a2 lite and it lasts many months
  15. JuakoPS

JuakoPS New Member

There is definately a problem with the Minix Neo A2 Lite Air Mouse consuming battery power rapidly, I see the light on the middle stays (out of the 3) on forever, and I have to change the batteries every week or so.
    Another issue with this remote is the mouse pointer is always on the right margin of the TV screen up and down but cannot seem to point anywhere else within the TV screen. Any ideas?
  16. Frederick_99

I don't have any issues with battery life....it lasts months...the light indicates the Fn key has been pressed

have you gone through the calibration set up ?
    midnight likes this.