1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Power loss: failed to mount /mnt/external_sd

Discussion in 'NEO X7 mini' started by Galmok, May 27, 2017.

1. Galmok

Galmok New Member

I just had a power loss and now my minix can't boot. It enters Android system recovery (3e) after having failed to mount /mnt/external_sd

Version is KOT49H.

What are my options at this point? Wipe everything and redo everything? Or is there a less fatal approach?
  2. Galmok

Galmok New Member

Well, I decided to flash the device again. My next device has to offer integrated backup solutions as losing all my apps and settings just isn't acceptable.

At least flashing the device made it not again, even if everything installed is lost. I have mixed feelings about this.
  3. Phil

Phil New Member

I had exactly the same thing with my X7 after a couple of months off. I wonder if it's really hardware failure? And if anything can be done.
  4. Galmok

Galmok New Member

I expect the reason to be that during power loss, the cpu executes bad code and it can write garbage to the drive. A proper setup would put the cpu into a halt position when power loss is detected, preventing any code to be run until reset/power up. I guess this is not an option in minix services.
  5. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

How is that exactly the same thing? o_O
    @Galmok reports a power loss to his device, not that it has been off for some time!
  6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Power loss where I live can be a regular occurence, but touch wood, I have never had a device fail due to this. Also quite often if a device locks up I pull the power cord myself!
  7. Phil

Phil New Member

Well. .. I was focusing on the error. The circumstances were similar not identical :)