1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Privacy Concerns: Use Primary Account or Create a New one?

Discussion in 'General Android Discussion' started by maurices5000, May 29, 2017.

1. maurices5000

maurices5000 New Member

I'm new to cord cutting using TV boxes and Android. I've had an Android phone for a year now and I still struggle with some issues.

One thing is that is a blessing an a curse it shared information across several devices. I see my info creeping up everywhere unexpectedly.

So I have roommates. I want to get an Android based Minix. I'm afraid that if i use my personal account on the Minix then my roommates will be able to see all my contacts, my calendar information, perhaps pictures I've taken with my phone, and possibly other things I may or may not want them to see.

The only con i can think of regarding using a different account is that i will have to pay for some apps more than once.

What are your thoughts on this? What are some pros and cons i may not be aware of? What features does Android have to protect privacy or to distinguish between different contexts?

Is there a way to switch between accounts on the same device? Can i have different logins--one for me and one for each roommate?

Thanks!