1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Problems streaming 4K from X8-H Plus to Samsung KS8000

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Official Firmware Releases' started by pye3142, Mar 17, 2017.

1. pye3142

pye3142 Member

Hi, when set the X8 to any for the 4K setting it streams but it only uses about 25% of the screen (top left corner). has anyone had this happen to them. Will I need to upgrade HDMI cable or will be X8 not stream 4k full screen? John
  2. mundano

mundano Member

I had that problem when using some old versions of Kodi. Try the latest XBMC MINIX edition, or Spmc.
  3. pye3142

pye3142 Member

Hi Mundano, been informed that X8-H plus will not play 4k anyway. Shame because it's been great but not upgradable!!!! Will need to change to something from 2017 but do not want to keep changing every 2 years.
  4. mundano

mundano Member

That's not true... The X8H Plus can play 4k@30 fps. I have done that without any issue. It cannot play 4K@60fps because the HDMI version is only 1.4, and you need at least 2.0 to play 4k content at superior framerates.

The only popular formats that it cannot play by now are 4K at more than 30 fps, all HDR formats, and videos coded in X265 10bit.
  5. pye3142

pye3142 Member

Sorry Mundano just what I was told, So how do I get "XBMC MINIX" edition? Because when I stream in 4k from Phoenix it only use 25% of screen on my TV (top left).
  6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

7. pye3142

pye3142 Member

Thanks Villa, will this run with Kodi 16.1? plus do I download apk straight onto box then install. it may sound like a stupid question but making sure first.
  8. pye3142

pye3142 Member

downloaded the apk. is there anyway of tranfering all my addons from kodi 16.1 or isit case of reinstalling the repos?
  9. dryster

dryster Active Member

It's a fresh start. You'll have to reinstall your addons.
  10. pye3142

pye3142 Member

Okay dryster.
  11. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You can use the backup add-on to create a backup from kodi16 and then use it to restore the same backup on Minix xbmc 16.
    Or you can copy over the user data folder using a file manager app.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
  12. Villa

That is incorrect! o_O
  13. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

agreed....it's not even close !
  14. Villa

We await @dryster's formal apology! ;) :ROFLMAO:
  15. dryster

dryster Active Member

Ok, I should have thrown a caveat in there. I apologize for disseminating false data. I am false data.
    Frederick_99 likes this.
  16. pye3142

pye3142 Member

Thanks for all advice, right or wrong just spend the last hour inputting all new url. If am watching a 4k stream i set the display setting to 4k 30fps on the X8-H plus but then do i have to reset to watch something in 1080 or 720?
  17. pye3142

pye3142 Member

GRRRR!!! when the X8-H plus is set to any 4k2k setting in display opinion, it only plays in top left corner (25% of the screen) like in Kodi 16.1. Can someone please help me on this matter.
  18. dryster

dryster Active Member

Are you attempting to stream a 4K file? - perhaps you need to obtain a 2160P file to see.
  19. pye3142

pye3142 Member

Yes, it working now there was a update KOT49H20160829, now it plays full screen. But the different between 1080p stream & 4K is not that great!!! when I stream 4K via you-tube from a Panasonic DMP700 the picture is amazing, so was hoping for same but no. Now thinking maybe should of got a new 1080p TV for streaming, the picture on the KS8000 with 4K disc 0r 4K via you tube cannot be beat (at the price)but for streaming a highly compressed file not so good.
  20. dryster

dryster Active Member

Well, my plan if my 720P Plasma kicks the bucket is to buy a 1080P because I find 720P fine for our everyday viewing, yes seeing all the shiny new UHD units down at the stores is tempting, but the reality is, there is more media out there at the lower resolutions and I have grown used to stuff not buffering at all, ever, so I'm not about to chase bigger streams, yet.