1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

problems with u9-h

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Sero, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Sero

Sero New Member

Hello,

I bought the Minix U9-H on the 22nd of May 2018, and I've been having problems with it.

I set up a network share, tried with both scp and ftp, and kodi accesses and scans them for files just fine. No stuttering, good picture quality, but it simply stops playing and responding to commands after a while when playing video content. It's connected to a 1080p screen.

I did an update, brought the device closer to the wifi router, cleared the kodi cache, nothing changed, sooner or later it freezes (the subtitles sometimes strangely keep going, for some reason).

I then got a usb hdd and connected it to the Minix U9-H, the freezing also occurs when copying files to the usb hdd over the network.

I took it back to the shop where I got it from, and today the reply came back that the device was tested and functions properly.

I can only speculate as to what the problem would be, in my opinion it's a hardware issue, but as it currently stands, I own a device that doesn't function properly and the seller does not acknowledge the existence of any defect. I refused to sign the piece of paper that said the device was fine, the seller currently has the device.

How exactly am I supposed to convince the seller that it's not working the way it's supposed to be? The device is brand new.

Big thank you! to anyone reading this!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Hi,

You may have a defective PSU. Many users reported it.
    Can you send a Personal Message (PM) to @MINIX - John ?

3. Sero

Sero New Member

Got a message just now!

Thank you all!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018 at 10:52 AM
  4. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Try again with John, he's sometimes very busy.

Sent with my S7 edge using Tapatalk

5. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

I have replied to your PM, we shall arrange a brand new replacement MINIX NEO U9-H for you.

midnight and Villa like this.