1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Ps3 Controller

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by mikeyhill11729, Jan 9, 2017.

1. mikeyhill11729

mikeyhill11729 New Member

Hey guys thanks for all the great information here. I'm trying to hook my PS3 controller on my NEO U1. I tried the sixaxis application but has not located the controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks. I do use the air remote I read that it may have to be disabled
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I don't really know much about this other than there was something mentioned about something about having to remove the airmouse USB dongle.
  3. turbineator

turbineator New Member

Hey Guys, same thing here. I see youtube posts on other threads of the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers working, but I can't for the life of me get mine to work. I have a Neo U1 and when I plug in the controllers with USB, the lights flash, but that's about it. I also saw that in the latest Minix update that Xbox One controllers were supported...Well, I plug in my Xbox One controller and the same thing, the controller will flash, but nothing else happens. I also saw a youtube post of a minix box using a Xbox controller via USB cable and the guy showing it off did nothing else but plug it in via USB cable. Questions: Does the Minix box need to be rooted in order for it to read the controller? Please help. I've seen people point to threads on the subject, but I don't see a definitive answer, especially since everyone states it should work, simply by plugging it in. What gives? :-(
  4. Villa

We have an Xbox One S controller and that connects via BT no problem.
    I can try connecting it with a USB cable instead of BT if that's any help?
  5. turbineator

turbineator New Member

I won't be able to try that for a bit, however shouldn't it work via USB if it works via BT? Also isn't there native support for Xbox 360 and PS3 controllers via USB? Other posts suggest that, however that isn't the case for me. I have the sixaxis controller app and it's says the system isn't rooted and terminates the app. I feel like I'm missing something simple here. Any thoughts?
  6. Villa

Is your device rooted?
    Sixaxis does require root!
  7. turbineator

turbineator New Member

Thanks Villa, but watching the YouTube posts for Minix pairing the PS3 controller via sixaxis controller it states you don't need to root the device if you use a USB cable. I guess that's not true. So, since you aren't answering the questions directly, do you need to root the minix to pair with the Xbox One controller?
  8. mikeyhill11729

I have a feeling it has something to do with the otg cable. It looks like they are using the stock playstation charger controller along with a otg cable adapter? My device is not rooted sixaxis says device not rooted so I guess that the problem. Bluetooth seems like it has to be rooted wired can be done without root.
  9. turbineator

turbineator New Member

10. turbineator

turbineator New Member

Mikey, so you got it working? I am using a genuine PS3 controller with a genuine PS3 charging cable. The PS3 controller blinks all the lights, and visually looks like it does in this video, which they video says you can't stop the blinking lights, however, they also show it changing the direction of the selector of apps, which my doesn't do.
  11. turbineator

turbineator New Member

Also, the latest Minix update specifically stated it added Xbox One controller support. I'm about it try it via BT, I did try it via USB cable, but that didn't work.
  12. turbineator

turbineator New Member

I'm happy to report the Xbox One controller syncs up nicely via Bluetooth. Thank you baby lord Jesus!
  13. mikeyhill11729

I haven't got it to to work I don't have an otg adapter. In that first video he using the stock ps3 cord and a otg cable. That's how I think it will work
  14. mikeyhill11729

Anyone have any luck with this haven't tried in awhile but looking to hook up 2 ps3 controllers anyone have any luck thanks in advance. Wired or bluetooth would be fine thanks
  15. MOJOS

MOJOS New Member

Hi guys.
    AT first, sorry for my Bad English :D.
    So since 2 days ive Played Android games Like dead trigger 2 with my xbox one Controller via. Otg Adapter.
    Every Button works fine, at least The left and the right trigger.
    IT doenst matter what for an Android game ive Played, but when i use The two triggers my Charakter begins to spin in every direction.
    I have google'd this issue and the only Thing ive found is to root my S7 and mapping The Keys. But i Don't want to root IT. And the other Thing ive found is to update my Controller (bevore Update Version 1...). After the update my Controller had The Version 2.3... And now i cant connect my Controller to my Android device anymore.
    Anyone knows my Problem Or can help?
    It would be nice to fix this Problem.
    Thanks and a good Night :p.