1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Re-install Windows 10 OS on MINIX NEO Z83-4

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4 Guides & FAQs' started by MINIX - John, Mar 1, 2018.

1. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

The latest Windows 10 OS image for MINIX NEO Z83-4 can be downloaded from the link below:
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=OSWIN10RS1GDM-Z83_4-EN-US-V06-20170519.zip
    MD5 Checksum: 3e3bfae9fec99396624da5ccc34ccb0d

or

Fast MEGA mirror :
    https://mega.nz/#!w8ogyJ5D!VazDqVmF3aNftMvxSDVUBIV_0foY8qaIEaFRRj8svxM

-----

Better use a download manager. One of the best is Jdownloader 2.

1- Install Java : https://www.java.com/en/
    2- Install JD2 : http://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2

JD2 will catch all valid download links. It will resume downloads after errors.

Installation Instructions

1. Prepare an 8GB or 16GB USB memory stick [NTFS format] and change the name to “WINPE”.

2. Unzip the “OSWIN10RS1GDM-Z83_4-EN-US-V06-20170519.zip” file and then copy all files to USB memory stick root directory.

3. Connect a keyboard and the USB memory stick to NEO Z83-4. Boot your NEO Z83-4 and press F11, then select “USB stick”. You don’t need to do anything, wait for 15 minutes to finish installing the system.

When you see below image, click “Cleanup Test” on the desktop.

NEO Z83-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2018
  2. Sa7375

Sa7375 New Member

Thanks, John. I'm currently downloading but the download speed is rather slow (fluctuating between 3-6 hours). My internet download speed is often in excess of 70 Mbps and a 4 GB file should take no more than 20 mins or so.

3. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

It's a shared connection ;)

4. with2Ls

with2Ls New Member

Is this Windows 10 #1709? Complete with all of the drivers I need?

5. with2Ls

with2Ls New Member

So it's #1609 instead. Well that's a bit useless isn't it? I really don't have the time/energy to go through all of that Windows Update SDRAM trashing.
    It would be better if MINIX sold products which were properly Windows 10 compatible, including updates instead of trading on "well it works today, but not tomorrow!".
    I'm minded to return mine under the Consumer Rights Act 6-month rule as "not fit for purpose".

6. mlweb

mlweb New Member

Reinstallation without Problems, thanks.
    Unfortunately its #1609 not the actual #1709.
    After updating for several hours and Installation of Office 2016 there is empty place of 6gb after cleaning drive c.
    Would I have more space if I install the build 1709 directly after downloading it from Microsoft?

7. emanuelsj

emanuelsj New Member

Most likely it will be you to tell us - and please don't forget about it, cause there are many users around stuck with the Windows update assistant appearing every time the device is being powered on! Thank you in advance!

8. emanuelsj

emanuelsj New Member

Anybody knows the credentials to download the Windows image? When I click the ftp link I'm prompted to insert an user and a password.

9. MINIX - John

Copy and paste the download link at the top of the thread into your address bar.
    A download box should then automatically pop-up (see attached).
    There is no need to insert any user name or password.

Attached Files:

10. MINIX - John

This Windows 10 image is for any users having problems with the partition size.
    After installing this Windows 10 image, the partition size problem will be fixed.
    Then you'll easily be able to install the latest Windows Updates.

Higgs likes this.
  11. MINIX - John

No, you'd have the same space available.

12. emanuelsj

emanuelsj New Member

Thanks, folks! I managed to install another image provided in the forum, which seemed more recent to me: OSWIN10RS2GDM-Z83-4-EN-US-Pro-V01-20170608

13. MINIX - John

That image is for MINIX NEO Z83-4 Pro, not NEO Z83-4.

14. emanuelsj

emanuelsj New Member

Thanks, John. I will repeat the procedure using the OS image included on top of this thread.

15. with2Ls

with2Ls New Member

A positive report. I followed the instructions and left the PC chugging away doing its updatey things; you have to pop back every so often to tick check-boxes.
    So hopefully it will find its way to #1709 eventually given Microsofts manic update push policy.

MINIX - John likes this.
  16. MFr

MFr New Member

Hola, me urge su ayuda, tengo 4 minix neo z83-4 con windows 10 home, los cuales ya aparece el mensaje de actualización de 8G de windows, pero empecé a trabajar con uno, primero me apoyo, soporte de windows para solucionar el problema , esto fue hace 1 mes, pero lo unico que ayudaron fue a poner en una ventana usb windows 10 en limpio y me dijero que si no funcionaba tenia que dirigir al proveedor de la mini pc, wuau, bueno !!!!, como tengo que trabajar y solo ocupo mi tiempo libre en seguir con la reparación, eh seguido consejos de modificar las particiones pero me ocasiono más problemas, se reinicio y ahora no me deja restaurar el equipo, por favor ayuda, le mando la imagen de las particiones que me genero y no me deja hacer nada, cuando trato de entrar con iso de windows 10 no me deja quitar las particiones, que me sugiero

Attached Files:

17. MINIX - John

Have you tried installing this Windows 10 image? Please reply in English.

18. Hydra

Hydra New Member

Did everything as outlined but never got a USB Stick choice. Got 3 others and none worked. My Minix is stuck in a startup loop and is pretty much just a brick right now.

19. Hydra

Hydra New Member

I'm happy that others have had the 'fixes' work for them, none for me. Getting ready to pump this thing full of 380ACP. Maybe I'll do a video of it.

20. MINIX - John

I’d suggest it is more productive and beneficial to contact our customer support team – support@minix.com.hk – for assistance fulfilling the warranty policy rather than pumping NEO Z83-4 full of .380 ACP but the choice if yours….