1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

So, what happened to the Forum web site over the last 3 days ??

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by exitguy, Feb 27, 2017.

1. exitguy

exitguy Member

I was getting withdrawal :( :cry:, no Minix Forum so no place to visit and check what is going on in the Minix world. But it's back and I'm so happy (y) :) :whistle:
    Villa likes this.
  2. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

Server problems... All sorted now :)
  3. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

Glad it's back online. (y) I initially thought there was something amiss with my computer/home network but after failed attempt using 4G and my smartphone realised it had to be an external problem!! A shame that it took Minix so long to announce anything on their official Facebook page. :(
  4. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

There where HDD(data corruption) issues on the server so it went to an automatic "suspend like" mode to prevent any dataloss. All sorted now and 0% dataloss due to raid setup so systems work as they should ;)
    skynet, sangaz, ENDRJUPL and 5 others like this.
  5. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I noticed most comments on Facebook were caught up in the new U9-H and/or the lack of Android Upgrade for the older devices.
    I just messaged MINIX through Facebook as to when the Forum will be up again and got a prompt reply! (y)
    Menorca Man likes this.
  6. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

I too left a message via Facebook three days ago but didn't see any acknowledgement from Minix until today!!! Anyway, not to worry, all's well that ends well. :)
  7. Villa

I must admit I only sent the message yesterday as I was beginning to get withdrawal symptoms! :confused:
    midnight likes this.
  8. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Now that was scary !:eek: my wife was even beginning to notice that I was not the same and pacing around o_O;)
    Glad to see everyone again and that things are back in order !!(y)
    Menorca Man and Villa like this.
  9. Snakebite

Snakebite Moderator Moderator

Great to see the site back guys.. had this feeling of impending doom when I realised it was down... saw announcement of the U9 on Saturday, ordered mine and it will be delivered in the next few hours...

When this support forum goes down there's a strange realisation of how important the community is... consumers would be running the risk of working blind, sales of the U9 would probably plummet if there was no support available. Minix need to realise the support/guidance is free and it helps them sell their products.

I was worried it wasn't gonna come back up :-(
    Menorca Man likes this.
  10. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Must be just me then that enjoyed the weekend off :D
  11. Villa

Maybe the Forum should be offline every Weekend! o_O:D

I was away from home Friday all day and didn't do my usual morning MINIX Forum ritual while having breakfast. :coffee:
    Got home late expecting to see many posts from Thursday night and all day Friday, but just got a blank screen! :eek:
    Menorca Man likes this.
  12. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I thought I got banned for coming back ;)
    Villa likes this.
  13. dryster

dryster Active Member

I thought so soon after me buying my first Minix that it was all over.....
  14. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

Never fear, we won't disappear. Even if those of us who run it decide to throw in the towel we won't just dump it, there is a strong community and I'm sure others would gladly step up to take over so we would gladly help with that transition.
    As I said though, that won't happen in the foreseeable future.
    2-3 days downtime in nearly 3 years isn't too bad ;)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    midnight, Villa, ENDRJUPL and 3 others like this.