1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Solved Audio drop outs while streaming 5.1 audio

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Official Firmware Releases' started by Marty, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

Minix have said they are working on a Lollipop upgrade for the X8-H Plus.

I'm hoping that will fix the audio drop-out issue, if not I'll definitely try your upgrade method as in our house we're sick of this bug.

Our WDTV which was years old never suffered with anything like this, I get the blame too as I wanted to upgrade to something with nice images for the movies / TV series. The WDTV was working fine just a bit old looking on the GUI.
    Marty likes this.
  2. dirkdiggler

dirkdiggler Member

I've stopped the audio drop out by not downloading updates, software etc.
    There seems to be an issue when updating apps, or downloading KODI movies for offline use etc.
    Here's what I have done and it stopped the audio dropout.
    1) turn off the apps autoupdate feature.
    2) Make sure Kodi is allowed to update the add-ons before starting your movie.
    3) I don't sync files from my Nas to Hard drive attached to Minix until after I finish watching.

Basically if anything is using the network OTHER than the movie playing you will get drop outs.
  3. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

yes but it seems the lollipop upgrade will not work with kodi 17 audio passthrough...so if kodi 17 is the main reason you want an upgrade your fooked !
  4. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

1 - I've never had this enabled, as far as I am aware everything is set to manual.

2 - Always do, sometimes the dropouts can be after the box has been on for hours.

3 - All our files are on a hard-drive attached directly to the Minix.

As per above I only use the network (LAN) for transferring new files to the box or allowing the box to download updates.
  5. dirkdiggler

dirkdiggler Member

Yeah that is strange.
    Maybe next time, if you are watching a file directly from the Hard, drive, pull the network cable (assuming you are hardwired and not Wireless)
    Otherwise turn off the network and Bluetooth and see if it still occurs.
    For Me... it seems to have resolved it.
    I wish though... that being it's a known issue for a LONG time that Minix would have fixed it by now. Sigh
  6. pcarmo

pcarmo New Member

Hello,

I had the same audio drop problem since several updates ago. I don't remember in which fw version it started, but for sure I didn't have any sound problem with the fw that came with the box.

Anyway the problem was transversal as it occurs with Kodi, XBMC, Spotify, and also when pressing the icons while on Metro home screen. My box is connected to a Denon Amp with HDMI cable and HDMI passthrough is on. Movies are stored in another sever and accessed through a SMB share.

Yesterday i decided to give it a try to Lollipop and replace fw011 with Lollipop RC2 (http://minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-lollipop-rc2-firmware-july-2017.16633/) and after watching a movie and listen to Spotify for some hours it seams the problem is solved. Let's see...

Regards,
    pcarmo