1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Browser

Discussion in 'General Android Discussion' started by lou950, Feb 13, 2018.

1. lou950

lou950 New Member

For my U9-H, where do I find the Browser?
    I am trying to sign up with SET TV. The instructions say to go to the Browser and type a link to bit.1y/2wVuTxw but I do not see the browser when MINIX boots.
    Thanks

2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

What Launcher are you using ? You should be able to find Chrome in "All Apps" or go into Settings, Device , Apps, System Apps and you should find it !

3. lou950

lou950 New Member

I found Chrome exactly as you told me. When I click on it, it shows OPEN,FORCE STOP, etc. It does not show the launcher type. If I click on OPEN it gives Google news.

4. midnight

Are you not able to click the "Plus (t)" to open a new Tab at the top ?

5. lou950

lou950 New Member

Thank you for your response. I am very lost. MINIX navigation is difficult. It seems to me that the only Browser is through Chrome.
    Things have changed some since our last communication.
    1. The launcher I am using is METRO.
    2. I get to Chrome as you directed. When I click to OPEN, it tells me " Sign in to Chrome with your Google account" and I can not go any further.
    3. Then I go to ALL APPS and find Google. When I click on it, it says " Webpage Not Available, it could not be loaded because net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. Therefore I cannot go to my Google account.
    Any suggestions? Please.

6. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

You can install any browser you like from the Play Store.

7. midnight

Have you set up a Google account on the device ? You will need to do so to be able to download or buy any Apps from the Play Store !

8. lou950

lou950 New Member

The problem is now solved.
    I have two networks: Netgear45 (modem provided by Comcast) and Netgear_ext (using a Netgear Booster).
    I used to connect to Netgear_ext to the U9. The U9 connects to it easily and notify me that it is connected, but the Google servers can not connect to the U9 using this network, so no Gogle, no Google Playstore nor Chroma. And nothing works.
    When I connect to Netgear45 everything works. Why? I do not know.
    Then I was able to access my streaming provider SET TV.
    Thank you for your assistance.
    Louis

midnight and Villa like this.