1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Request Some wishes for upcoming Android 7 for Minix Neo U9-H

Discussion in 'MINIX Requests & Wishes' started by Kondor, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Kondor

Kondor Member

• Deinterlacing for MediaCodec. I don't know how you did deinterlacing in Kodi only (it is really great job), but deinterlacing for whole MediaCodec system (so it will work in any player) will be outstanding. I know, it must be done by Amlogic. May be it is good time to kick some butts in Amlogic office, I know you can.
    • "Partial" sleep mode support. Any Android TV boxes (Nvidia, Xiaomi, etc.) supports it. Ugoos AM3 have option to select deep sleep or partial sleep mode. So we may use any remote (RF, Bluetooth) to wake up box, we may use Samba-server (or any other remote apps on box), while box is "slepping". No need IR and line of sight to wake up box.
    • Samba/CIFS and NFS client with filesystem mounting. Nvidia Shield TV have SMB client and it is very fast. Ugoos AM3 have SMB and NFS clients, and they are very fast. They are twice faster than Kodi internal clients and accessible for any apps. It is outstanding for Wi-Fi usage. 4K BDRemux from NAS via Wi-Fi — easy.
    • European (also Russian) localization for your components (some settings, some menu, etc.). At this time it is English only and it is not good for international product. For example Nvidia Shield TV and Ugoos AM3 have up to 99% componets localized.
    • Get rid of your own Power Selector. Don't you see it is awful design from 90's (and only English localization)? Just use clean and good stock Android's power menu.
    • Minix launcher is not good. It looks like software from Android 2.0 time. Please add at least Google's Launcher3 (default AOSP launcher) as an option.

jackie999 and kingsizept like this.
  2. kingsizept

kingsizept Member

3. escape

escape New Member

Kernel with CIFS and tools for automount NTFS drives

kingsizept likes this.
  4. vfc

vfc Active Member

We all dream to even get an update, let alone specific requests!
    After I got 7 Minix boxes starting with the X7 up to U9, have to admit that they are good boxes, expensive, good but updates is something that do not come easily.

kingsizept likes this.
  5. Meridian

Meridian New Member

I wish 2 apps for Minix Neo U9-H

1. Minix Adaway (no need root)
    2. Minix Adblockplus (no need root)

Thank you very much!

6. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator