1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Still no enable passthrough

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX FAQs & Guides' started by Thomas Yiatras, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Thomas Yiatras

Thomas Yiatras New Member

Well I have had 2 X8 plus boxes since October and still no real fix for the enable pass through issue. So I am left on version 14.2 Vid-On version to get HD sound. I think my only alternative left is to dump these and get a different brand of box that will support this audio. But what really has me perplexed is how VidOn can get a version working for this box but Minix has failed. So I can only ascertain from the evidence is that it is not the box itself but a firmware issue. If anyone has anymore info on this issue I would appreciate the help, at this time I am wasting to much time trying different things to make it work, when you should just be able to set it and go.
    curtyman11 likes this.
  2. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

If it was a firmware issue, different xbmc version wouldn't fix that. I don't know the case but it is plausible to me that vidon uses some sort of "unofficial hack" which simply cannot be used officially by MINIX. By the way, if it works with vidon, why is that a problem? Cheers.
  3. Thomas Yiatras

Thomas Yiatras New Member

Well it seems to be causing issues with all the apps used on KODI, and the newer builds have some very nice integrated features. Right now I am using 14.2.1 and 17.0 which is very nice for live tv and such.
    Below is the explanation why this is happening

I'm happy to tell you that we just released a new version of VidOn XBMC which is developed for Minix X8-H Plus.

Why we made a special version for this box? Because you know Minix x8-h plus supports 23.976Hz output, but this feature cannot live with HD audio passthrough, so people who use this box will lose the ability to passthrough HD audio.

In this version, we forced the output to 24Hz so that HD audio passthrough works again.