1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions to Improve NEO A3, A2 Lite Airmouse

Discussion in 'NEO A3, A2 Lite Airmouse' started by Marm, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Marm

Marm Active Member

My eyesight is poor closeup and even worse in dim light.

Suggestions for A2 Lite & A3 Airmouse:
    Change the colour of the paint used to indicate the Fn keys to something bright like yellow or the blaze orange used on construction workers' vests. Better still use two different colours of glow in the dark paint or back light the keys but with an off/on switch for the backlighting to conserve battery life.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    kingsizept, skynet and pusb87 like this.
  2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Improvement for me would be make the key detail printing permanent or more durable. I have several remotes now that the detail (keyboard) has worn away with usage!

kingsizept and Marm like this.
  3. Seaco

Seaco Member

Mine would be that the keys didn't go to sleep after about 20secs needing a double press to wake it up!

Marm likes this.
  4. Marm

Marm Active Member

Agreed. My A3 often needs several key presses to input each letter and then unexplainablely it will enter 3 or 4 of the most recent letters at once (repeats), then require several presses for the next letter and so on. In all fairness, this problem may be caused by my totally unsatisfactory U9-H which appears to be a bad machine.

5. NEOFF

NEOFF New Member

A2 / A3 air mouse arrow position seem need to improve as always out of alignment when screen stop
    at screen edges. It is a good feastures just felt the position is weird.

6. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Not sure what you mean by "when screen stop at screen edges" ?

I very rarely experience alignment issues and if I do I just recalibrate the airmouse. :)

7. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

You can recalibrate the remote by following the instructions below:

1. Press Fn + Y on the keyboard.

2. Fn LED & operating status LED (1) will glow.

3. Leave the remote on a flat surface for a few seconds.

4. LEDs will flash four times when successfully calibrated.

JJ-KwiK likes this.
  8. Marm

Marm Active Member

Regardless of the calibration, i find the A2 Light and A3 remotes inadequate for quick, accurate movement and clicking to replace a conventional mouse. If you find your remote unsatisfactory for general mouse use, i suggest you get a Logitech M325 wireless USB mouse which I use together with my A2 Light and A3 remotes.

If you buy a Logitech M325 wireless USB mouse make sure you get one with the * unifying symbol on the USB adapter.. They sell ones that look almost identical but without the * unifying symbol on the adapter. If it is a unifying USB adapter, you can pair more than one Logitech device by using a Windoz machine to pair them to it.

A good combination is two Logitech devices: the Logitech K400 keyboard with touchpad and a Logitech M325 mouse paired to one USB Unifying USB adapter and also an A2 Lite or A3 remote. This combination gives you a lot of flexibility, the Minix Remote for general use and light key entry, the Logitech mouse as a quick more accurate mouse and the almost full sized K400 keyboard for serious entry of large amounts of text.

Suggestion; Make a deal with Logitech to produce a backlit remote similar to the A3 but with a Logitech Unifying USB Adapter so you can have many devices connected to the one adapter. I also suspect that if Logitech made your remotes, the mouse function would likely be much better.

I also like the Logitech M525 Bluetooth mouse together with the A2 Lite or A3 remote.

Please understand that I love the Minix remotes for some uses. For example, in Kodi using UK Turk list, my mouse races uncontrollably while the Minix remotes easily maneuver through the lists.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  9. NEOFF

NEOFF New Member

Try this method and it worked fine... aleast the arrow do not drift by itself..
    Gaming is still a challenges for this remote.. consider a game console soon for my favourite FIFA, car racing games.

Any good model recommendation , do drop me a note.
    Thanks

10. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

Neither NEO A2 or NEO A3 are intended for gaming purposes.
    Instead, we recommend to use a dedicated Android gamepad such as the G910 (do a quick Google search).

midnight likes this.
  11. NEOFF

NEOFF New Member

Thanks