1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Tv remote turns on Minix U9 -h

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Dre, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Dre

Dre New Member

Hey guys,

Ive just realised the "ok" button on my LG tv remote turns my U9 on. It will only turn it on (or wake up) from sleep and has no affect when the box is shut down. Any idea if there is a way to fix this?

LG Tv model : 65UH6150-UB
    Remote : AKB74915305

Thanks!

2. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

You can go into settings and set daydream. You've finished your video, you shut off your LG, the U9 will be idle and eventually shut off.

3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

Shutdown = Power completely cut off = CEC signal is cut off as well.

CEC needs SLEEP to function, not Shut Down.

Same for your TV, it sleeps, not actually "Power Off".

4. spartarjen

spartarjen New Member

I still have the same issue, even when I turn off CEC and MCU auto start system...
    When watch TV on my LG tv and press the ok button on my logitech harmony one or elite, my U9-H is turn on automatically.
    When I do it with the LG remote (RF signal) this doesnt happen.The harmonies sends a IR signal, maybe thats the cause. But can this be fixed?

Using FW007A

5. Goshab

Goshab New Member

That's what is happening to me too. On Vizio m55 TV. When I press OK button on the TV remote, the box comes alive. I could live with that, but if CEC is enabled, the source switches to the box automatically, which is not what I want at all.

6. Zodler

Zodler New Member

I also have the same problem. I have an LG OLED 55B7V TV. The OK button on the TV remote turns on my Minix U9-H.

I have done extensive tests to make sure it is not CEC or wake on LAN. The HDMI cable is disconnected, the Ethernet cable is disconnected. Minix U9-H is connected to nothing except the power cable.
    When I press OK on the TV remote, Minix turns on. The OK button only turns on Minix, it does not turn it off.
    It is through IR, when I cover the IR receiver on Minix, it does not turn on.

What to do? I guess we can't do anything. I suppose Minix has to create an IR code for power on that is not close to the OK button on TV remotes for next models.

7. Goshab

Goshab New Member

Just to confirm that my Vizio remote also interferes with the box, only it turns it off! Don't think it can be fixed easily though...

8. Zodler

Zodler New Member

Please specify what button.

9. Raffaz

Raffaz New Member

Have you tried contacting harmony?

They were very helpful when i had issues with my remote (not the same issue as this though)

10. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator