1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

U9-H or Z83-4 for Android and DRM content ?

Discussion in 'General Android Discussion' started by jayd75, Nov 29, 2017.

1. jayd75

jayd75 New Member

Hi there!

I was going to buy an android box on amazon but I discovered Minix which, for the price, looks like it works compared to some other cheaper boxes.

I found the U9-H box but the 2G/16G doesn't look future proof enough for me. I'm afraid it'll get laggy pretty quick. It is to replace my current Rasp Pi 3 which doesn't support x265 and I would like to upgrade my setup since this encoding takes less space on my NAS for a comparable quality and I have ripped a lot of blurays from my collections raw and started to transcode them in x265 to take less space.

I'm mainly looking for a great Kodi experience to stream from my NAS some h264/h265 encoded content and a couple of 4k blurays. I would also like Netflix HD, youtube, etc. Wiring would be hard so a great AC wifi support would be great. Space disk wise I can always put some usb dongle in there but the memory cannot be upgraded so... 2GB, is it enough?

It is my understanding that the U9-H was developed with android in mind while the Z83-4 is for Windows experience but could I install android and play DRM content on it? It looks better and faster on the specs.

Also, when did the U9-H was released? Will Minix release an upgraded version soon?

Thanks community <3
  2. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

3. jayd75

jayd75 New Member

So I should not be afraid that it only have 2GB of ram? On the other hand right now I'm on Pi which have less than 1gb so...

Nougat for U9-h? Interesting :D Thanks for the heads up I think I'll get this little buddy.
  4. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Nope, works perfectly (y)