1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

uninstall xbmc fusion,mashup etc

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX FAQs & Guides' started by chippie 70, Aug 18, 2014.

1. chippie 70

chippie 70 Member

Hi all
    Our is it possible to uninstall programes Fusion, mashup and others from xbmc on a minixg4
    Thanks
  2. gjs999

gjs999 Active Member

you can disable the repro's and remove the links or its just as easy to uninstall xbmc and then re install -- takes minutes and cleaner if your unsure about xbmc usage .

ps you can download the official minix xbmc apk from a link on this forum .
  3. chippie 70

chippie 70 Member

Thanks for that ,I have been uninstalling xbmc ,but it just seems a long way round.
    As for downloading xbmc from Minixdo I have to root first.
  4. gjs999

gjs999 Active Member

no root involved -- if your not too familiar with xbmc then re install is a safer option -- I know I've re installed when I first came across xbmc -- use the minix version since this has been optimised for the unit and search this forum for tweaks within the program for your setup - wrong settings etc will result in jerky video / sound issue's and normally people report a fault with the x8 .There are many variables with setups (TV type , decoders , optical , hdmi and the list goes on ) so please dredge the forum for info - sure there are problems with the unit and Minix are waiting for Amlogic to pull their finger out .
  5. chippie 70

chippie 70 Member

Thanks for all that and will try to do everything you have suggested
  6. David Stacey

David Stacey New Member

I accidentally installed Fusion twice, how do I uninstall it on 17.1? Please and thank you!
  7. CybeRider

CybeRider Member

Click the "Settings" icon - select File Manager - long press on A2 select button, the droid picture one, (or mouse left click) over the source name ("fusion" or whatever you called it) and choose "remove source" from the drop down menu. (y)
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Geoff Boardman likes this.
  8. David Stacey

David Stacey New Member

I never did thank you for your reply so THANKS.
    Lately all I get are error messages and few sources and buffering. Seems a lot of changes going on I'm feeling like I need to hit the reset button! Is there such a thing?
    CybeRider likes this.