1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Unofficial Lollipop on the X8-H Plus

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by Marty, May 18, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Active Member

For those who want to try before you buy, here is a way with pictures to get Lollipop onto your X8-H Plus before Minix release their official one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9togzi2idoii4k9/Install Instructions Full.doc?dl=0

As always, do so at your own risk, read the instructions carefully to see what is not working on the ROM and also to prepare yourself for the worst, I would suggest reading it a few times just to be on the safe side and then crack on if you feel up to it.

I have been running this on both my X8-H Plus boxes for over a year now so it works for me but it might not be everyone's cup of tea so no b*tching if it isn't, no one is forcing you.

Have fun!!

P.S if everything goes wrong then I would suggest flashing with this stock ROM to get back to Minix firmware, it has helped me out loads of times:
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...stock-11-24-rom-in-flashable-zip-format-fixed
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Rawhide85, akchee, kingsizept and 3 others like this.
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

But does Kodi 17 work? :whistle::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:
  3. Marty

Marty Active Member

Pmsl It does but I'm sure the masses will find something else to complain about!!
    Rawhide85 likes this.
  4. mark2

mark2 Active Member

All most people will read from that is
    Lollipop works on X8-H Plus :whistle:
  5. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

Feeling risky but enthusiastic more getting it. Has anyone performed a flash with that lolipop build yet?
  6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Yes @Marty has! :rolleyes:
    mark2 likes this.
  7. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

As you are already running this build could you just confirm if you can run clash of clans (and playing for more than few minutes) and YouTube streaming at 1080p, both smoothly.
  8. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

except Marty.
  9. Marty

Marty Active Member

I can tell you now that the video on YouTube at 1080p will freeze after 20 seconds or so, this is an X8-H Plus limitation that Ken has already explained. Clash of Clans I'll get my lad to test for you, I'm no good at gaming outside of the PS4 I'm afraid

Edit: 10 mins of Clash of Clans, no problems
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Rawhide85 likes this.
  10. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

never heard that before, is it fps dropping? Any issue with 720p? I would be glad if I get the Ken explanation link.
  11. Marty

Marty Active Member

Grippy Man likes this.
  12. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

burned this lollipop firmware and now powered on and the "Google TV" screen appears on the screen and followed by nothing? Still ON.
    Marty likes this.
  13. Marty

Marty Active Member

Try going to step 2 in the instructions and do the TWRP flash, if it still hangs then boot into recovery, for this ROM you need to hold power and the recovery for about 25 seconds, wipe the cache then select boot to bootloader.
    Grippy Man likes this.
  14. Grint

Grint New Member

I did this a few months ago. I started with Adbul's firmware with TWRP and then followed Marty's guide. It mostly works, but still waiting for the Minix lollipop.
  15. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

it wasn't necessary actually, powering up while holding down "power button" for few seconds took me to android logo and jumped to Home Screen. Glad that it has appeared finally. Much appreciate for your work. WiFi looks quite good ... no leg. thanks Marty.
    Marty likes this.
  16. Marty

Marty Active Member

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try that next time I get stuck on the boot screen
  17. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

Just wondering why Minix boot animator never appeared and No Minix home screen at startup.
  18. Marty

Marty Active Member

Did you follow step 2 and flash the TWRP image?
  19. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

yet to be done.
    Marty likes this.
  20. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

copied TWRP folder and recovery.img both into root of sd and then arrived into teamwin screen but when clicking on restore and then storage:internal storage
    after that, selecting external sd not getting done. what can i do?