1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Unofficial Lollipop on the X8-H Plus

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by Marty, May 18, 2017.

1. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

If i want to use (much) something or a App i Always do a factory reset and then i do The test with nothing more installed (Just The basic). I hope Minix releases The 5.1.1 firmware.
  2. Billy G

Billy G New Member

Has anyone got the error message E:Cannot load volume /misc ? Mine reboots to the bootloader with this message every time.
  3. Marty

Marty Active Member

Mine always says that if I go into recovery but it doesn't prevent the ROM from booting, are you able to boot into android?
  4. Billy G

Billy G New Member

No, the only thing I can get to is the stock recovery. I just put the old Finless 1.1 on and got it to TWRP but it wont boot up either. BUT... it got me to TWRP so I am going to go through the steps again and see what flies.

Update... I went through the steps again and it seems to be working. Dont know what was different. Im at the pulsing MINIX logo now for a minute or two...

Re Update... Seems to working fine now. Im going to play around with it and see how it goes. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
  5. Marty

Marty Active Member

Good news, have fun
  6. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

Cheers... You're on Lollipop with X8-H Plus.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
    Marty likes this.
  7. triks

triks Member

[Moderator Note: @triks Post moved from X8 thread OpenElec thread]

I have followed this process to try Kodi 17.1 on my Minix X8-H Plus while I wait patiently for Minix to release Lollipop. It works, certainly resolves some of the web streaming issues and is generally faster, better and the skin does take time to get used to but is smart! Biggest issue is that

- Kodi can not change TV (HDMI) to the correct resolution making video playback choppy.
    - Video is generally choppy when streaming from web sources
    - CEC turns off on the Minix after reboot
    - Video Playback while scanning NAS for content causes crash
    - No Visulization in Kodi
    - Screen Saver dimming can not be adjusted
    - "migrating add-ons appears every time Kodi launches
    - DVBlink Live TV & Recorded TV (DVB-T) has black lines top and bottom and is about half the size (adjusting resolution doesn't fix the problem but rescaling size in Kodi does but this has to be done per video/recording otherwise other videos are stretched.
    - Custom resolution can not be set in Kodi but can be set in Android even though it is lost and defaults back after restart.

This is 1 days worth...

Anyway I am waiting for the official release as mentioned by MinixKen.

Anyone interested, here are the instructions from Mick56 - it's a word document that's available from his Dropbox.

[Edit: Instructions are in link in post#1]
  8. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

@Higgs I think @triks has installed OpenElec and his post should be here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/openelec-minix-x8-h-plus.3342/

It is not very clear what you are pointing to?
    We appear to have some confusion as to where you should have posted!
    You posted here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/openelec-on-neo-x8.2108/page-8
    ...but there are no instruction/links in Post#1.
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/openelec-on-neo-x8.2108/
  9. Marty

Marty Active Member

Mick56 is definitely OpenElec related, don't think it belongs here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

The instructions @triks posted are word for word identical to the instructions Marty posted in the first post. This is why I moved the post here and Removed the long list of instructions and replaced with the "Instructions are in link in post#1"
    @triks Please clarify what you are posting about, because you posted in the X8 (not x8-h plus) openelec thread but the instructions you included were for this lollipop custom rom.
    Villa likes this.
  11. Maneesh

Maneesh New Member

Marty,
    The USB burning tool is not recognizing the minix box in recovery. When i boot normally, the PC recognized the minix x8 h plus. I can see recovery screen on the TV which is connected to the HDMI cable but PC is not recognizing. Anything i should do .
  12. Marty

Marty Active Member

Hi Maneesh, try flashing the stock ROM that I linked in the beginning of this post, that's what I do when USB Burning Tool won't detect the box and it normally works for me.
  13. triks

triks Member

Sorry guys, yes definitely the instructions are for and my Minix is the X8H-Plus - too many tabs open thats what I'll blame it on ;)
    Villa likes this.
  14. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

If you really need to flash firmware then follow MINIX provided instruction. As your device boots up then it will be able to detect on burning tool.

15. Maneesh

Maneesh New Member

Thanks Marty. I managed to get Lollipop installed and Kodi krypton working fine. Only issue is its loosing he screen zoom whenever i switch the input from minix to other source. Is there anyway i can default the screen zoom to the correct settings without defaulting to 100%
  16. PLAY911

PLAY911 Member

Marty apologies I dint answer you PM....I am still testing with minor bugs but works nice.....will see if MInix can do something good enough

Best regards
  17. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

Could it support installing xposed framework???? i am thinking of it. there are so many users of X8-H Plus and I really feel the need of rom development (open source) just like other rom development as like finless.
  18. Marty

Marty Active Member

I've used xposed on this ROM without any problems
  19. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

Just cool

20. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

have you tried probox kernel on MxIII-G and the outcome? ...don't know if both are same.